Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Starboard Messenger

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Starboard Messenger Empty
PostSubject: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:09 pm

The trip took seven days, almost down to the hour. Aidan wasn't going to lie, he was almost proud that his estimate had been met. But the trip had been uneventful, aside from Kage trying to dunk M in the tub and Haru's tireless efforts to stick the young one, who he learned to be called Dennai, in the crows nest. It was a feat he wanted to see himself until Kage cuffed the ivory haired boy upside the head.
Lowering the anchor, Aidan ran his hand over the puppy which had refused to leave his side for the duration of the trip.
"Time teh go then lil missie eh?" He sighed, picking up the wriggling auburn mass of fur and putting her in front of Amoux, ruffling her fur once more. "Looks like I'll be seeing you around."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:29 pm

As if in response, Blue wagged her tiny tail for all the time Aidan held her, trying to jump at his hand each time it returned to her and for the first time since they had boarded Aidan's boat, Amoux attempted to pick up her pup now that she finally having the opportunity since she was away from Aidan, but Blue had other ideas. The little pup dodged her mother's jaws and leaped onto Aidan's leg, her teeth sinking into him while her tiny paws held onto him as tightly as they could. Amoux flicked her ears in annoyance, attempting once more to retrieve her child, met with a sudden growl, the she-wolf backed off, frowning. She wanted to leave the smell of the ocean behind her, knowing that the party couldn't wait all day and following the young boy's uproar of being able to feel the ground beneath his feet and his eagerness to start walking again, it was obvious that they wouldn't.
"Blue" She called, softly but firmly, wishing that she would let go.
The miniature wolf clung even tight to Aidan's leg, and began to whine.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Aidan rolled his eyes, slowly peeling the wriggling pup off his leg and walking down the board to the land, gently dropping Blue next to her siblings, darting back up to the boat before the puppy could reattach herself.
"Sorry." He told Amoux. "I didnae think the lassie would get attached this fast." He gave a curt wave to Haru, who told him he would be to along to see him at some point. "Good luck wit' whatever you're doin'." He told the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Amoux smiled in thanks, padding down to the land where her two pups waited.
Two.
While Amoux had returned, Blue had slipped passed her in a blur, clambering back onto the steady dock of the boat, sitting with her tail wagging again and her huge amber eyes looking straight up at Aidan while she panted from the small effort of racing back to him. She sunk down to her front paws, tilting her head slightly, whining once more. It was likely that her ability to beg had come about after taking lessons from M, who was growing impatient.
Amoux called to her pup again, but received no answer. She couldn't just leave her.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Aidan leaned down, patting the wolfs head with a sigh, before picking her up.
"Yeh can't stay wit' me." He murmured, walking back down the wooden planks and handing her directly to Amoux, flashing M an apologetic look. "Sorry for the trouble, this lil'un's a feisty one."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Amoux secured the pup by the scruff and turned back to the others, glancing back to ensure none of them had copied their sister. Blue wriggled harshly in her mother's mouth, yelping although she was in no pain, whining as her mother turned her back on the sea.
Amoux's mouth almost opened as the pup who hung by her scruff spun side to side as she tried to escape, her distressed voice striking a harsh cord inside Amoux, who stopped.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:02 pm

A flash of guilt ran through him but he quickly brushed it off, trying to block out the incessant whining. Padding back onto the boat, he tugged on a few ropes, tightening the sails up and tying them into place. Jumping up onto the sideboard to rest for a few moments. Deciding to stay in the dock overnight instead of the sea.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Amoux took another few slow steps, hearing the plea in the desperate whining of her pup, she didn't understand what the matter was, but Blue was slowly becoming limp as she tired of crying and although it should have been easier for her to continue, she couldn't. She gently placed Blue on the ground, watching her curl up slightly in a sulk. She nudged her but the young puppies eyes stuck firmly to the ground.
Amoux looked back to where she could see the boat floating on the calm water, Blue had looked so happy once she'd gotten used to the leaping of the waves around them.
Upon seeing her mother looking back, Blue's tiny tail began to thump rapidly and another long whine escaped her.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Heading under the deck, he rummaged around for money, realising he'd best pick up food while he was here lest he starve on the trip back seeing as M had eaten his way through most of his stock. Shoving the coins into his pocket, he walked off the ship, pushing the wooden plank onto the boat, after all he still wanted it there when he came back.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:12 pm

A soft nuzzle from her mother, a tackle and flurry of furious pink tongued kisses for her siblings were all that Blue needed before she stumbled away at a speedy run, straight back to the boat. When her little form reached it, the wooden path she remembered from before was gone and Aidan's overpowering scent was instead on the ground leaving an easy path to follow. With her nose to the ground she charged through the scent, reaching a hefty speed until quite suddenly, she hit what felt like a tree and collapsed in a daze.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Aidan lurched slightly as something small and heavy hit him in the back of his calf. He turned around in surprise to spot the small bundle of dark auburn fur.
"Blue?" He questioned, picking up the small puppy, stroking her gently. "Shouldn't yah be wit' yer mam? Where she go eh?"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Almost as soon as she had heard his voice and felt his touch she went limp, her tongue lolling out happily, still dizzy but she didn't mind now that she was being held.
Amoux watched from close by, feeling slightly relieved that the runaway puppy hadn't simply gotten lost, she was torn between leaving and watching and it was equally challenging to do either without sadness growing in her chest.
Blue was too intoxicated with 'smell of Aidan' to sense her mother watching her flop in Aidan's arms.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Aidan ran his eyes over the crowd, looking for Amoux. Finally laying eyes on her, he padded over.
"I think this one belongs to you lil miss." He told the wolf, bending down and holding out his arms so Amoux could take her.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Amoux was smiling though she doubted it was notable on her face. She made as if to take Blue but instead licked at Aidan's hands.
"She may be mine...but I've a favour to ask...see she doesn't want to stay with us...and I was wondering if...it would be all right...if you could look after her, just until the next time we come by...you know..." She pinned her ears for a moment looked back to where she'd left the other puppies.
"It's alright if you don't want to, she wouldn't be much trouble...she seems to like you too much for that..." She looked Aidan in the eye and wagged her own tail.
"You see I might not be able to make her happy since she's so attatched to the sea now..."
Blue was still limp in Aidan's grip, rubbing her face into him as though she had a lazy itch, she'd already made up her mind.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 am

Aidan stared at Amoux blankly.
"A-Are yeh serious? I-I...of course she can stay wit' me." Snapping out of his daze, he stroked the puppy along her back. "It'll be different to have long term company." He laughed. "Though I should really think about gettin' another crew..." He thought aloud, putting Blue on his shoulder as he realised he would need both hands to carry things.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 pm

"Thank you" Amoux said, rubbing her head into Aidan's leg before turning on her pads to bound the few yards to her children, looking back with a wolfish grin.
Blue barked happily, jumping about haphazardly. As she saw her mother dash off to rejoin the group Blue nuzzled into Aidan's hair, licking at his cheek and ear while her chunky paws helped her stay on. He was drenched in the smell of the ocean which she couldn't wait to return to, but she'd caught on that he wasn't going back yet, so brimmed with excitement, she clambered onto his head for a better view, her tail wagging so furiously that she almost fell off.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 pm

"Bleeeeeh." Aidan laughed, wiping the slobber off of his cheek, passing a grateful smile to Amoux before walking into the crowds of people, ignoring the subtle stares he was getting at the wolf pup atop his head. "Hungry Blue?" He asked, knowing she couldn't reply but automatically assuming it was a yes regardless.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Not that it was possible but at the mention of food Blue began wriggling even more, tugging on his hair with her tiny mouth while her eyes scanned the people around them, she'd never seen so many, not that it mattered now that Aidan was the only one she was interested in.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Aidan laughed quietly, walking up to a stand where they were selling food off the stall. Buying and handing over some money his arms were soon filled with produce, struggling to hold it all together.
"Want to go back, or walk around fer a bit?"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Careful not to knock the food from his arms Blue slowly clambered down from his head, her chunky body dropping to the ground. She ran around his legs before stopping just in front of him, her tail wagging, prepared to go anywhere he was going.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:45 pm

"Yeah yeah I get yeh. Just lemme drop this stuff off." Carefully stepping over Blue he padded back to the ship, slowing down so she could keep up. Sliding down the plank of wood from the boat, he walked up it and down below deck, dropping the food off, but pulling out a lump of raw meat. Walking back up the stairs, he called Blue over and tossed her the lump of meat.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:41 pm

The meat had barely been on the ground a second before Blue snatched it up, dashing around with it as if it were her own prize kill. She finally settled down enough to start eating it, gnawing away at it viciously though it was a little too tough for her inexperienced teeth. She rolled around with it as it got smaller and smaller and by the time she finished that last slither she'd worn herself out completely, lying back with her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Aidan rolled his eyes, picking up the worn out Blue.
"It wasnae going anywhere. Yeh could've slowed down." He laughed, resting her on his shoulder. "Wanna go out teh sea? That lot's already long gone. If M were still here I'd be able to hear him at the pub." Aidan shook his head grinning. "Lightweight."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Blue's soft tongue served as an answer as she slowly lapped at his neck, her tail swishing lazily from side to side, she made an effort to bark but her mouth felt heavy so she failed to make much of a sound. She snuggled into him and closed her eyes. Though she was anxious to set off again, it was nap time.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:31 pm

"Okay okay." He mumbled, walking across the deck to his room, putting Blue on top of the mattress, smoothing her back gently trying to soothe her into a gentle sleep. Standing up he walked back out, desperate to get off the docks for good, the smell of land playing havoc with his mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starboard Messenger   Starboard Messenger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starboard Messenger
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay :: Devouring Midnight :: Starboard Messenger-
Jump to: