Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Siren's Song

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

Siren's Song - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 pm

She gave out a small sigh then shook her head slowly, "You're right. It won't be long from now.", she closed her hand around Takara's and returned the smile, "Thank you.".
Darkness, or Ether as some call it, was once a very rare form of magic practiced by only those given permission by high ranking officials usually by a King or other leaders or powerful beings of a nation, clan or tribe. An unstable element once used to bring beings back from the grave in a form known as Necromancy. Being as widespread and diverse as any other element or form of magic. The very same form of magic used to separate a body and soul from one another.
"It wants me to do this Takara. I've already made this promise. It would help me get myself back. Then I would help free it from Sven's clutches.", her hold on the femme's hand tightened slightly.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Raine stood, slotting the thick book back between the supple leather covers of the rest of the literature that adorned the bookcase. "You know as well as I do that we're high targets. Why else did Sven have to do a dimensional shift just to give us a place to live in peace? Living on the normal plane...the house would be rubble and they would try and string us up to burn us." Raine cracked a grin. "Wouldn't be so bad though. Be toasty warm." She glanced out the window at the black void that stretched as far as she could see, swallowing any light that wormed it's way out the blood splattered windows. "Would kill for a view though."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 am

Takara stared up into the other woman's eyes, giving her a slight nod. "I know. Trust me, you'll never find someone who knows as much about shi no maho, death magic, then me. It's something I was born into, cursed from the moment of conception to have a lesser soul, to walk between the realms of the living and dead..." She explained, then lightly squeezed her hand. "When the time comes, if you wish my help, I'm there. I know the power can be... overwhelming. Intoxicating, even."
Turning her head towards Raine, she smirked, then nodded at the kid. "Why don't you guys draw us some pretty, pretty pictures so we can pretend to have a view?" She suggested, only half teasing. "You're right though...we're so screwed if we have to reside in the normal world."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:29 pm

"Play time can wait Takara, we've got company.", she said quickly as she pulled herself off the counter releasing Takara's hand as she did. She could feel the air thickening, vibrations flowing around them as the void ripped itself open against their wall. Being able to conjure up portals of her own gave her a sixth sense towards them, being able to allow or reject the creation or a portal within a twenty three meter radius of herself or any of the other two femmes.

First a leg formed itself, trying to find ground before the rest of the man's bulky body formed through the void. He was quickly followed by two more men, each one carrying a silver briefcase, "Your tasks. Sven's orders were only for us to deliver these to you then be on our way. We can be of no assistance to you.", his voice was low and empty and he spoke indirectly to the group. Dominique scoffed, "As usual, his got millions of you soulless bastards and not one of you can be of any real help. Hell, you're not even listening to me.", she looked away as he placed the briefcases onto the wooden table, "We will be on our way.".

They left as quick as they had appeared, not another word or sound escaping them as they did. With a flick of her hand one of the three cases landed on her splayed palm, "Well, we'll have to brief ourselves on this one.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 am

Raine picked up the briefcase, flipping the stainless steel locks open before rummaging through the velvet interior to pick up the small piece of paper. Reading it over once she folded it back up, placing it inside. She shut the case, tracing her finger over the top of it as flames slowly spread from the inside, engulfing the case completely until a small pile of ash, still slightly glowing from the embers remained in its place. "What do we do with the kid? Does he stay here? Do we take him back?"
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 am

Takara walked over to the table and opened the remaning case, looking over the orders. Sitting in one of the chairs with a sigh, she looked over to Dominique. "So what do you make of our new orders?" She asked, curious as to what the other woman would say.
Looking over her shoulder, she gave the child a sympathetic smile, then turned to Raine. "I'd prefer to get him home before we start this. If we don't have time, I guess we'll have to leave him here and get him home when we return. It's not his fault he got dragged into this mess." She answered, then turned to Dominique, shooting her a dirty look. "And we are not killing him Dom."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:08 am

Dominique chuckled, "Stay out of my head Takara.", she shot her a grin then finished flipping through a file and tossed it back into the briefcase. She turned slowly, her eyes landing on the boy. "Since you both seem to have this fantastic idea of taking him back to his home before we free ourselves from Sven's maniacal bullshit...we'll do it.", he eyes stayed fixed on the boy's, "You better know where your home is. I'm not turning this into anything more than a drop off, if we run into anything, and I mean anything, that blocks us from getting him home we're dropping him in the middle of God knows where and he can learn to fend for himself.". The case shit itself with a click and slipped into her hand, she made her way to her room, "Be happy I'm giving it a chance.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Aidan blinked, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Did I do something wrong? She really hates me..." He murmured, biting his thumb, tearing at the skin with his teeth.
Raine shook her head. "She's just cranky when she hasn't slept, or eaten, or when she doesn't get her own way, or if you're using the thing she wanted to use. Like a little child really. Unfortunately she hasn't had any sleep or much food lately and you're getting the brunt of the temper. Don't worry, it's nothing personal."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 am

Takara mussed up the boy's hair. "Just ignore her kodomo, I do." She laughed. "She's just on a very single minded mission...like Raine said, it's nothing personal. How is your wound feeling?" She asked, glancing at it. "We should get ready to leave soon, I'm sure Dom is about ready to freak out." She added softly, looking up at Raine.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 pm

She sat on the edge of her bed staring blankly at the wall, lost deep in thought. "You're being selfish again.", she whispered to herself before falling back onto the bed. Her eyes darted across the ceiling, counting the little notches and bumps that were scattered across the worn out surface. She lifted herself up, slowly, took a deep breath and exhaled, closing her eyes as she did. Slipping on her leather jacket as she stood, she left her room, and snapped back at Takara, "You're damn right I am!". She pointed a hand at the wall and grabbed at the air, her eyes still fixed on the woman. With a jerk of her hand a void tore open across the wall, "I'll wait quietly.", she dropped onto the couch and began tapping her foot.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:50 am

Raine took Aidan's hand, leading him to the room where she'd first found him. "Lets get your things." She murmured, shutting the door behind her. Aidan began reaching to pick up the various things that had scattered from his pockets when he had fallen before Raine stilled his arm. "I know what you are you know. The other two...they're more physical. Dom especially. I like precision, knowledge. You can take down anything if you know about it. That mark, you didn't get bitten did you?" She asked.

"...No."

"It's a scratch mark. One I hadn't seen before and it took me forever to locate a description of what it was. It's not even a new mark."

Aidan shuffled again. "It's a few years old." He admitted.

Raine leaned back, picking up a stray coin, handing it back to him. "It's a demon infection isn't it? I thought they stopped making deals with humans centuries ago."

"...My mother was sick. They promised a cure. You won't tell the other two will you?"

Raine shook her head, smiling as Aidan let out a reassured sigh. "Actually, I want you to help me kill them."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:48 am

Takara stared into the shadows in the corner of the kitchen, while she attempted to appear busy cleaning up dishes. Eyes going wide for a moment, she turned on her heel, striding towards her room. "Better pack my bag...I need to dig out a new umbrella..." She mumbled to herself as she crossed the room.
Shutting the bedroom door behind her, Takara leaned against it, shaking her head with a smirk on her lips. Sighing deeply, she walked over to the closet and began searching for a spare umbrella. Discussing the assassination of a Daughter of Nyx while in a dark room isn't exactly the most intelegent thing to do... She thought, finally spotting the gray paper. I almost hope you succeed this time my friend. I'm getting tired of this half-life I'm being forced to live here. Walking amoung the living, being surrounded by darkness and the dead. She thought with a shake of her head, stuffing things into her leather bag. "I wouldn't mind going to the Underworld and seeing my family after all this time..." She whispered to herself, then exited the room.
Opening the door to the room that Raine and the boy were in, she poked her head in, grinning as if she knew nothing. "You guys ready? I'm sure Dom is ready to snap at any moment." She laughed.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:15 am

She exhaled sharply at the other two, "I'll be waiting on the other side, feel free to join me when you three are all ready to go.", she rolled her eyes and stepped through the whirring wall of black.

She felt nothing beneath her feet and rush of wind soon after. She rolled as she felt the ground beneath her and caught herself with a hand, raising the other to help her eyes adjust to the sun which seemed a lot closer than it should have been. She squinted, even through her shades, "There's three of them...Three suns.". She looked around, the void was floating a few meters off the ground, she landed on a grassy field decorated with shrubs and hills here and there. What looked like a forest was visible in the distance and a desert in the opposite direction, "Well this looks like No-man's Land. Guess we must be in the right place."

"Hurry up!", she yelled at the void.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Clutching Aidan tight to her chest, Raine stepped through the portal, feet landing on the soft green grass underneath. Letting the boy go she smirked at Dom. "Never were very graceful were you?" She asked innocently before letting her face split into a wide grin, offering a hand to help her up.

(This was longer. But my laptop went tickety boom and deleted the whole post sob.)
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 am

Takara stepped through the portal last, landing in a crouch. Literally hissing, she threw her hand up to shield her face, while digging through her bag for protection from the sun. "Itai! Damn day-star..." She mumbled while pulling things out. Putting on a pair of sunglasses and slipping on a long sleeved, ankle length, sheer black cover up, she turned towards Dominique. "I blocked the portal on the other side so that no one could follow us, but I can't actually close it...that's all you babe." She explained. Opening her umbrella, she tried to position it in a way to block the burning light. "Three suns...how in the name of all of the gods can you live in a place like this?" She asked, glancing at the boy.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 pm

"Yea, yea, yea...", she took Raine's hand and lifted herself up off the ground. Giving a quick nod to Takara, her hand flew up and clenched into a fist, the portal contracted with it. "Alright.", she turned to the other two, "We should be in the right place, I used the boy's blood as a catalyst for the void...so it should have taken us to where his blood was last spilled...which I assume would be your home. This is it. Right, kid?", she cocked an eyebrow at him over her shades.

"This place doesn't look very safe though...if what attacked him did come from here...we probably shouldn't stand in the open like this.", the wind kicked up, whipping her hair across her face. She quickly tied it up into a low ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 am

"The three suns are good. The give enough light for our fruit to grow...if they don't get enough they become poisonous." He said, dusting himself down slowly. "But yeah, this is it. Actually it's about a mile in that direction so no too far." He pointed behind himself to the horizon, watching as Raine followed his indication.
"Fine, we'll get you back there then." She said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Takara tilted her head, taking in what the boy said. "Really? Fruit you say? I would of guessed it to be to arid with three suns for fruit to grow well. If we have time, do you think it would be possible for you to show me some?" She asked, her natural curiosity coming to the surface. Glancing at the other two women, her icy pale skin blushed bright red. "Right...we should be going." She said, walking in the direction the boy said.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 am

She patted the boy on his head, "At least you know where your home is. Guess you're not so useless after all.", she forced a smile then followed after Takara. "And I'm glad you've got your priorities straight...", she laughed at Takara's response to hearing about the fruit.

"With three suns...is there ever a night time in this place? I doubt it can get very dark here. Local beasts must be well camouflaged then...maybe using poisons as well...weaken targets in the daylight...", she folded an around her waist and rested her chin on her opposite hand, caught deep in thought. Monsters, beasts, creatures all of them seemed to be interest her. She cared not for simple things like furniture or clothing or people's daily lives, the only things that did interest her seemed to revolve around beasts. Hunting, weapons and magic alike.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Aidan fumbled with his fingers. "We usually have an eclipse once a year. The darkest it gets is like dusk or dawn, but the winter solstice it goes completely dark..." He said, whipping around, drawing a blade from his boot and throwing it into the thicket of bushes. A loud squeal burst from between the leaves, Aidan followed the noise, pulling the blade out from the jugular of the animal a thick purple goo covering the knife. "The animals are everywhere. And most of them aren't safe." He wiped blade on the floor. "Blood's a mild alkaline. It burns to touch it."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:32 am

Takara narrowed her eyes at the boy, impressed by his aim, but even more wary of him now. She glanced quickly at Raine, then brought her attention back to the animal. "So do all the animals have blood like this? They wouldn't happen to have venom as well, would they?" She asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Her body quickly tensed as he flung the knife, she disliked surprises and sudden movements even more so. Relaxing again, she took note of Takara's reaction and began to question the boy, "Yea, you wouldn't mind giving us a little more info would you? Some of us can't afford to die here. And, while we're having this lovely chat, you mind explaining where you learnt to hunt like that. Seems pretty odd to me, and you're just a child too.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Aidan tucked the small blade back into his boot, standing up straight. "Survival of the fittest. You become good or you die. Simple as that as most of the adults die in their thirties. That's when you become too slow to out run the animals." He nudged the dead creature with his boot before shoving it harder, watching as it slowly rolled down the embankment in a cloud of loose soil and dead leaves. "Not all of them have blood like that. The fish don't and neither do the birds, but most of the mammals do. Some have venom, some don't. Some have acidic blood. Some are normal and just have massive claws and canines. And there are some that're just delicious when roasted."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Song   Siren's Song - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siren's Song
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: