Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Omg idea!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Ok, I take it I'm not the only person who has noticed that this site is completely and utterly DEAD.
So in a bid to do some good, I propose a challenge or competition if you will.
If this idea has good feedback, I'll post it to Dom and see if we can put it in action.
Ok so, every member will have 5 days to get as many POSTING recruits as possible, 10 post minimum and as a reward they will be granted their own clan without paying via points, or perhaps something else...I'm not sure so tell me what you all think Wink

Fyre <3333333
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 pm

Ooh! I-like-it! Very Happy Good idea!
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:51 am

Cheers (Y)
I'm just so bored of having no one to RP with :L
Back to top Go down
TK64
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
TK64

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 am

I like the idea, but I think a better reward is in order. Getting a clan isn't as hard as you might think. That, and the fact that we don't have anybody who's going to participate in this game who already can't get a clan already, at this exact instance. The only thing you CAN spend your points on at this site is a clan and clan territories, so it's not like the participants have to worry about wasting their points. No, we should probably brain storm another idea.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Haha, good point, but three am ideas are not the best.
Any ideas on rewards then?
Cause my mind is blank >>
Back to top Go down
Kuraiyami Hana
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Kuraiyami Hana

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Umm... Just jumpng in because I agree with Black, This site IS dead. I would probally think of, whoever is the winner gets to become a Mod..?
Just a opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedeathnotesstory.forumotion.com/forum
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:07 pm

Well, after much discussion with Unitarelic (Hurray for boring school days ^^') We came up with the idea of doing gift art, as she is a very good artist. Check out her deviantart if you don't believe me. www.unitarelic.deviantart.com
Say take a fav scene of the role play, or something else at your request, we'll matte it up to poster size and send it on it's way to you =]

Tell me what you all think. If you hate it it's back to square one :L <3
Back to top Go down
Burningbridget
Rookie
Rookie
Burningbridget

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Mayhaps this place would be a little more appealing to other if he got a "epic" scaled roleplay going? I know I can dig up something for a plot base...

Spalding

For most of its people's known history, Spalding has always been an isolated island nation. However, it's always had its share of visitors, unwanted visitors. These visitors have had been called by a variety of names, but the most common is simply the Baroque.

The Baroque unanimously referred to as beast by the people of Spaldians, though this is surprising given their size and their variety of shapes. The largest known species is the size of a crawfish. Nonetheless, they are simple but hiveminded creatures mainly concerned about obtaining their preferred source of meat, humans. The menace -for the most part- lies in their sheer numbers and their ability to into much larger, nastier monsters. However, they are not a constant threat, as their home is the sea, and only invade Spalding on the full moon. Unfortunately, the most rare and dreaded of The Baroque stay after the following morning. They are parasites, despising higher temperatures, and mainly living in the nerves on the hands, feet and face. Gifted doctors can notice the existence of a parasite by initial symptoms of numbness in those areas, and remove them, but many of the victims don't want the disease gone; it increases the body's adrenaline and testosterone. This power cost the victims eventually cost the victims their sense of touch entirely, making life dangerous, and deformations of the infected areas common. Although they may live full lives afterwards, they are known as The Tempted, and are outcast for the rest of their lives.

However, five centuries ago, the Spaldians did not need to fear The Baroque. If only for a few decades, a golden age, the nation was ruled by protectors. These were a band of those supernatural gifts of seeing and being able to fight The Baroque, known as Fisherprinces. Two ruled each settlement and were all ruled by the twin namesakes of the nation, Brody and Andraste Spalding. However, order deteriorated following their deaths.

While there has been some structure in the religions of ancestorworship though Spalding, clans praying to their respective Firsherprince for protection from the Baroque, few new Fisherprinces have rised since then. Those that don't use their powers to take advantage of desperate villages have never found themselves under the command of leaders comparable to the Spaldings. The Spaldian way of life has stagnated until lately.

Eighty years ago, a group of normal fishermen got sick of having to rely on the time's bastardedised Fisherprinces for santrury on their trips. They were the first to reach another island, though their goal was to find one free of The Baroque. Unfortunatley, quite a few of the monsters had their homes surronding it, and the island didn't have resources signfigant enough to do much colonization. But what treasure they did find there was a tribe of people whom The Baroque would not harm, although any tricks of how they avoided the fate could not be extracted, many were captured, some forced to work as slaves or serfs..

Races of Spalding

Spaldians: The average Joe humans of Spalding. They are olive skinned, with blue eyes and either back or brown hair.
Tilth: amphibious humanoids. They are rough skinned, and often very muscular with green, algaelike hair. The Baroque seemingly have no interest in them, and often envied or feared by Spaldians because of this. They are often even called gillties, as they are deprived of rights in court and formal education; second class citizens. They have their own culture and nature worshiping religion, which is somewhat losing its faith among them, even if their traditions of song and dance persist. Because many live in ghettos and looked down upon by the Spaldian majority, family has become everything to them. Many even get along with The Tempted. Unlike the Tempted, who are rare to find work because of their condition, Tilth have become very important to the Spaldian economy due to being invlauble as fisherman and skilled manual labor.

Fisherprinces

Although rare, Fisherprinces are born among Spaldian and Tilth alike, and come in two varieties. Casters can see the Baroque, skilled ones even to able to communicate to aneven take on the appearance of a cluster of the damned little buggers, though this only an illusion easily broken by distraction. Many become doctors. Reelers are the ones who actually do the fighting, but despite being only ones able to harm The Baroque, they can't see them, needing the assistance of a caster. However, most find work as the bodyguards of aristocrats. Most have inhuman physical abilities, though many are able to control one of four elements, water being the most illusive and effective against The Baroque. Brody Spalding was said to be a Reeler with such a mastery, while his sister was a Caster.
Back to top Go down
TK64
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
TK64

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:08 pm

If you think a new, epic rp would work, post it up. Even if it won't attract new members, it will be fun to get all the site members together for one big rp.
But that's not what this topic is about, right? Now, I agree completely with Fyre and Uni's idea. It's great, but would you run into problems with sending it through the mail? Or printing a poster-sized picture? Perhaps an easier way of doing things would just be making the picture itself and posting it on Uni's DA. That way, the winner could save it and print it off if they really want the picture AND they can use it as a desktop bg and for other things. That and we, the community, get to see the finished work of art ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:22 am

.................THAT IS JUST WOAHH!!!! *brain explodes* EFFING MIND BLOWING
Unknown to all of you out there, I have been keeping an eye on this site....I read up on a few old posts and check on the new ones and all......I've been unable to post for a couple months now due to a mild case of........*cough*cancer*cough*

I just read all that....and it was simply amazing..........I think it would be AWESOME if we had some Epic-Roleplay............We should all discuss this together and bring the idea to life...............If this has already started then I'm sorry for my absence and I wish to be a part of it.

You all know how skilled I am when it comes to stories XD.......I'm looking forward to it...

Dust KIllagin
Back to top Go down
Kuraiyami Hana
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Kuraiyami Hana

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 am

Uhmm.. I agree with Dust, I kinda strained my eyes reading it (My eyes are extreemly sensetive to light & i'm about to go blind 4real. x-x'), but I think it is an awsome RP plot. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
^^
Back to top Go down
TK64
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
TK64

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Hmmmm... well, if we're doing the epic rp, then we should open up another topic somewhere else for everyone who wants to participate to tell us they're there. We also need ideas obviously. As much as I trust Dust (sarcasm) we need this idea to be something we all can agree on. And Bridget, we arren't gonna do a TRPG style thing. Keep that in mind, k?
Back to top Go down
Kuraiyami Hana
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Kuraiyami Hana

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 am

Oh, before I leave this topic, I wanted to know if we needed to make a new thread bio for a new character while we all were to start this new major thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Omg idea!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg idea!!!!!!   Omg idea!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omg idea!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Site Information :: Ideas or Concerns-
Jump to: