Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Insanity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:44 am

Koda gasped as the fist hit her stomach, doubling over she wrapped her arms around her waist.
"Because..." She said through gritted teeth, waiting until she had caught her breath to sit up properly. "Because if you'd know you would've be able to hide your thoughts. I know you can because I can do it as well and I'm pretty sure you would've mastered that. Do you think I did that for fun? Am I honestly that sadistic? If I had the choice I wouldn't have watched my brother being torn limb from limb while he screamed for help. But I had no say in the matter. The point of it is to remind yourself that the past gone and you can do nothing about it now but learn from your mistakes. If you were truly evil...your memories alone would be enough to drive you insane."

She paused clenching her fists tightly.
"You may think life is hard. But from here on out it gets harder. If you can accept what just happened then you're growing. If not you should run home with your tail between your legs because you won't last. I'm not forcing you to stay Kana, remember that."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:03 pm

"Or I could just be a sociopath who isn't effected by the things I did in my past. Has that ever happened? I honestly doubt Akio would be bothered if someone dragged up every memory he had. He would probably sit and laugh while remonissing." She looked at the girl who obviously was still feeling the pain from her punch, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you that hard. I'm really not that physically strong, I didn't even expect it to phase you."

She listened to Koda's words, getting angry again. "You think I don't know that things just get harder? There's a major difference though. I'm an adult now, able to cope physically and mentally with what comes my way. Most of what happened before...I was to small, to young, to even make a choice. I never forgot what happened in my past, it's what made me who I am today, but I sure as hell didn't want to relive being abused by my own mother, watching my brother die at my husbands hand, no matter how big a bastard he could be, or seeing my friends killed infront of me. Do you even know how dangerous that was?!" She paused to look at the girl seriously. "I relived the first time I used my fire. The time I nearly burnt our home to the ground and almost killed my mother. I have had nightmares about that and woken up surrounded by fire. I could of set this whole camp alight. You can't put those flames out, and you can't resist them, they aren't of this world. They either burn until there is nothing left to consume, or until I stop them."
She stared at the fire infront of her. "I don't know anyone in this camp, so this may be cold, but I really wouldn't of cared...except that little girl. I don't want her to be hurt. I probably would of felt a little bad if you died too." She smiled teasingly at Koda.
"That's why I was so angry. More then the physical pain, more then the mental pain, when I came to my first reaction was to burn things. Burn everything. It's like a defense mechanism. I almost did it too, until I saw the fire, then for a split second I thought I already had...but the flames were the wrong color..." She looked Koda right in the eyes now, "I've killed a lot of people who probably didn't deserve to die with those flames. I don't want to do that again, especially because of something stupid like someone dragging up my past."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:44 pm

She pulled her arms tighter around her stomach.
"It's fine, if you'd hit me anywhere else I would've been able to take it. I was expecting you to go for the face, so don't trouble yourself."

Listening to the girl rant, her ears pressed against her head in disdain until they were invisible amongst her snowy hair.
"If you are the adult you claim to be, then it's high time you started acting like one. Learn to control yourself or live your life in solitude. Those are your only options."
She paused realising what she had said was a bit harsh, waiting for the pain on her stomach to disappear she look at Kana once more.
"If any of us had the choice we wouldn't relive past experiences. But sometimes for the mere sake of being you have to face your fears head on. Can I ask you how many times you've woken up engulfed in fire because of a bad dream about your past? It's probably more than you can count. Being forced into your past helps you accept it and move on. Maybe now you'll sleep easier, maybe not. How you chose to take that experience is up to you."
She stood, walking away from the fire to the tent at the end.
"I'm going bed." She mumbled. "If you're staying I'll see you in the morning, if not good luck."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 pm

"I was in solitude remember? I was alone for a year until you ran into me while I was sleeping, bringing danger with you. I spent as little time as possible around people. I'm a weapon, as I was constantly reminded, the problem is everyone is fighting for me and no one, not even myself, knows how to control that weapon completely."

She watched Koda head for the tent, she had no urge to sleep, especially after talking about the nightmares. She also didn't want to leave until she said bye to the little girl, or met this other nine tail. Curiosity was overpowering her anger.
"You go to sleep. I'm nocturnal by nature, I can't fall asleep unless the sun is out. Maybe I'll go for a walk..." She muttered, looking at the woods.

After Koda entered the tent Kana rose and left the encampment, investigating the area. It was just woods, a small stream. Nothing out of the ordinary. She saw other nocturnal animals scattered about...she even saw a couple of wolves. She wondered how Koda would feel about that. There was nothing in these woods that she feared. Very little scared her at all anymore...except accidently hurting others. She returned to the dimishing glow of the fire, and sat with her back against the log, watching the embers die.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:25 pm

"If I bring so much danger then run. Again, nothing is tethering you here." Stepping inside the tent, she clenched her fists slowly expelling her anger.

Finally opening her eyes she spotted a small heap on her bed, covers thrown over for concealment. Pulling the sheets back she was startled to find the tear stained face of Melissa.
"Liss when did you...Why are you-?"
"Mama said I wasn't allowed to sleep in my bed tonight." Pushing herself into a sitting position, she placed her hands carefully in her lap. Koda slotted herself next to the girl, using the end of her sleeve to wipe away the remaining tears. "S-She said I should go sleep in the wood 'cause I'm a worthless animal...I'm not worthless right?"
"Of course you're not. Don't listen to a word she says. It wasn't your fault and it doesn't make you any less of a person. You're going to go places Liss, think of that every time she puts you down."
Melissa shuffled on the bed. "Do I have to leave?"
Koda shook her head, gesturing for her to lay back down. "You can stay as long as you don't mind sharing." She smiled lightly, pulling the covers back over the child. "I won't say a word. Promise."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:19 am

The sky started to lighten, making Kana tired, but she wasn't going in that tent. When she walked around the small encampment she heard that child with Koda. She was determined not to let that girl see her fight with someone she respected...no matter how much the neko was getting on her nerves.

She sighed, "Stupid cat. What does she know about anything? I realize her life sucked, but she has no idea about my life either. How can she have such faith in people and be so bitter at the same time?" She whispered to herself.

The urge to leave was incredibly strong, but she had no idea where Koda had brought her...how close she was to people looking for her, if these people would betray her and tell her location. She knew her husband had survived the poisoning, though not unscathed. She had run into a former slave who had run from the house while Akio was recovering. According to him, Akio was putting all his resorces into finding her...

Kana's stomach growled, causing her to frown. All she had to eat in the last week were those raspberries. She needed meat. Maybe she would get lucky and they would offer her something for breakfast. If not, she would go out and kill something herself. She was good at killing things...
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Koda sat on the edge of the bed, eyes aching with desire to shut, but she forced them open. Melissa's breathing evened out, becoming deep and even despite the odd hiccup she let out.
She knew Kana was outside and perhaps wanting to sleep, but having promised not to leave she remained seated, fingers curled in the bed sheets.

A young male approached Kana ebony hair tinted red at the tips.
"You're the new girl right? Any reason why you're not asleep?" He sat down on the log next to her, a cheeky grin on his face. "Betcha hungry. Unfortunately all I can offer is vegetables, grains and fish. You're welcome to any of it." He glanced at her face, trying to suppress a grin. "You went through exodus treatment huh...Don't worry you'll forget about it soon enough miss." He pulled at a strap around his neck, releasing a kahlua into his lap, he handed it to her with a smile. "Drink up."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Kana watched the dark haired man come towards her. He was the first person she had seen since Koda went to bed. "Yes, I'm Kana. What's your name if you don't mind my asking?" She asked politely. She was already fighting with Koda, she didn't want to make anymore people mad here. She looked at the light grey sky, "I'm nocturnal, so sleep doesn't come easily to me at night, and the tent is a little crowded. Lissa is in there with Koda. I don't want to disturbe them." She smiled gently.
"Actually, I'm starving, and fish sounds great. I haven't eaten anything but a handfull of berries in the past week. Thank you." Kana said, embarassed smile on her face. There was something about this man...he was to cheerful. She didn't trust it, but not trusting people was nothing new to her.
She frowned at his next comment. "I doubt it. Those things are always in my mind, welll most of them. Granted actually reliving them is worse then just remembering..." She stared at the container for a moment, not knowing if she trusted the liquid inside or not. But she was thirsty, and she imagined Lissa would be rather upset if someone poisoned her. Koda might even get angry too, who knows? She took the offered drink, sipping it cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 pm

"Name's Damian." He replied, casting his eyes back to the fire. "Food's in the tent over there." Pointing towards the first tent on his left. "Help yourself to whatever you want." Pushing his arm back he reclined in the morning sun, soaking up every last ray he could. "If Koda's being a problem, kick her out. She won't care. And I didn't mean you'd forget, if you'll please excuse the way I phrased that, I simply meant that the memory of going through that will die down soon." She smiled to her once more as she took the drink, sipping from it, albeit cautiously. "I'm not about to kill you miss. There are far better pleasures in this world then tearing ones body from their soul. I prefer to indulge in the other pleasures."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:57 am

"So you're Damian eh?" Kana replied, eye's going a little wide. So this is the other nine tailed kitsune? Intresting. She thought. "Thank you." She said with a nod, planning to get some of the food in a minute.
"That makes more sense. I'm still a little angry about the whole thing..." She frowned, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "And I couldn't kick Koda out. You guy's are her friends, not mine..." She waves her hand, "Sorry, that came out wrong. Koda knows you guys, I'm just a visitor. Besides Lissa and her mother, you're the only person who's talked to me. Plus like I said, Melissa is in there with her. I don't want to cause that child anymore stress. I'm fine, I can go quite a while on no sleep." She sighs, glaring at the sun.
Kana laughed full throated at Damian's comment about pleasures, grinning in the end. "Sorry, I'm a little cautious when it comes to drinking things, and you don't need to keep calling me miss." She laughs slightly. "Kana is fine, or nothing at all, but if you feel more comfortable calling me miss, that's fine too."
"Please excuse me for a minute." Kana says, noding to the man again, heading to the tent. She returns a few minutes later, a bowl of food in hand. "So what are you doing up so early?" She asks, then takes a bite of fish. Mmmm protine, how I've missed you. She thought contentedly.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 pm

"I hope you can forgive our clan for the mind intrusion with no warning, if we give warnings Rylla tends to beat you...nastily. She's actually killed many that way, however it was mostly children. Even they cannot escape it." He sighed resting his chin on his palm. "However, we cannot bring them back so it is no use moping."

Tossing a small twig into the flames, he turned his eyes back to Kana.
"You think we do not know you? We may be outcasts, but we are not stupid. We know the news of the wife who poisoned her husband and ran, hair scarlet like fresh blood. It doesn't take much to put two and two together Kana. Or should I call you Lady Kana? The reason why the others won't approach is because they fear you. The only reason I did is because I have nothing to lose so I may as well make a friend in the process."

Watching Kana leave for the tent, he stoked the fire gently revelling in the heat which permeated through the early morning chill.
"I was up picking Bdellium. It's quite useful in medicine if picked by the crescent moon. So I took my chance."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:59 pm

"I have no problem with your clan, it's that woman I have an issue with. More so now that I know she killed children...that's unexcusable." Kana clentched her fists. "But I won't start anything. This is your way of life, what do I know about it?" She laughed bitterly. She had a soft spot for children, and a hatred for those that hurt them. Even with all the beating she and some other children recieved growing up with the clans, no one ever killed children. They were to precious.

Kana's eyes widened as Damian told her he knew who she was. It really wasn't that suprising, the hair kind of gave her away..but she hoped.. "I never thought you were stupid, I just hoped we were far enough away from that place that you wouldn't of heard." She smiled sadly, "I hate it when it's put that way. It makes me sound like a coward. Lord Akio was an evil man, and I tried fighting him fairly. It doesn't work. His gift is to reflect any attack he sees." She twirled a strand of her hair between her fingers. "I suppose I do kinda stand out. I've never met another person, kitsune, neko, human, with my hair color. Close, very close, but not quite." She looked at the man again, "Please don't call me Lady Kana. I don't deserve that title until I go back and rectify the situation."

"I understand why they fear me, but they have no need. I won't harm anyone here unless I'm attacked. Even then, I'll try not to kill any of your clan. I didn't come here to change you or cause strife. I came here to meet others of my kind who weren't bound by the laws of the "Great Clans" ". She made finger quotes, rolling her eyes at the title. "I don't suppose you would tell me if I was in danger of being turned in while I'm here?" She asked couriously.

"So you're their healer? Do people get sick or harmed here often?"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:49 am

He quietly brushed her comments about Rylla off, choosing to answer her other questions instead.
"News travels like wildfire and we treasure every piece we get. I'm afraid you will have to excuse the others their philosophy is that their family cannot get hurt this way, no matter what. Still doesn't mean they won't treat you with respect. If you don't want me address you like that then I won't. But don't put yourself down over an incident out of your control." He stretched, a lopsided grin on his face. "We would tell you if you were in danger, despite what your clans have done to us, you're still one of us and we do not turn against our own kind."

He kept his eyes on the fire, lowering his voice so anyone passing wouldn't be able to hear.
"People get hurt here more often than you would believe. We're subject to thieves and bandits because of our location, many people get hurt in the raids. Mainly because we do not fight back. Violence is what brought us here and it can take us down to the furthest slums. We often have children scuffing knees, breaking bones like kids do. And occasionally we have incidents that should happen to no one, which leave the receiver begging for death." He mumbled bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:59 am

"I still don't feel right being called Lady. I'm not above any of you. But thank you for saying that. It was my fault though. I could of stayed and endured it, I didn't have to do what I did. As a matter of fact, I put all the clans into chaos with my actions. Our marriage was the uniting of the two strongest clans, an end to the wars...I betrayed my family, failed them." She whispered at the end, staring into the flames. "Thank you for considering me one of your own kind. I really didn't know what to expect when I came here."
Kana leaned in a bit, listening to his lowered voice. "What kind of incidents? I'm sorry, if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I'm just a guest, I have no right to ask." She expected the thieves and bandits...she had run into people like that herself. And children will be children. She had snapped her leg when she was only seven running through the rock gardens with friends, but this other thing...
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 am

"Everyone has a limit. You reached yours, one can only suffer so much before breaking entirely. In time both clans will realise that." He replied. Casting a glance around, he lowered his voice again, leaning closer to her. "Our main example is Melissa. She was...well...gang raped about a year ago. They left her for dead so as you can imagine the state she was in was not pretty. For some reason she reverted into herself, acting very child like and almost like nothing happened."
He sighed, linking his hands together.

"That's why she's apprehensive of letting other people sleep in the forest, but she'll never say why. She was supposed to be a priestess when she became older, but has now been deemed impure and is often put out of her bed, forced to sleep in the forest again. If we find her we'll offer her refuge in one of our tents, but she's never been quite right after that. She's too happy, if you'll pardon the expression."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Kana felt like crying at the mans words. No one had ever understood that she had been at her breaking point before. Everyone saw her as a spoiled brat who didn't want to be tied down. She was spoiled, but she didn't mind being tied down. She had been raised to be a matriarch, which meant having a family. She just wanted to be treated like a person, not a pawn. She could of even dealt with being treated like a pawn, but Akio...he treated her like a pet, something to beat when it did something he didn't like. She was property, not a person.
She listened in horror at Melissa's story. That poor child. "I don't know if I could of survived that to be honest. I would of probably commited seppuku, I'm not that strong..." She stared off, remembering the past. "I've been beaten, and I was raped. Once. But it was Akio, and I knew it was coming. I had my destiny changed, what I had been raised for torn away...but I had been beaten for as long as I could remember. It was my duty as the eldest female to give up my place as future leader of my clan to protect them. And I was sixteen when Akio actually raped me. He had done other things to me, but that was the first time he had intercourse with me. It was the night I poisoned him, our wedding night."
She turned back to the man, "I can't even imagine what that must of been like...being twelve...having everything torn away from you in one day, and the way her mother treats her..for something that was completely beyond her control. I'm sorry I keep speaking poorly about that woman. I don't even know her, I don't have the right..but I have this protective streak when it comes to children, and though Lissa is only four years younger than I am, I still see her as a child. I think I could of forgiven her for what she did to me no problem, but I saw how she treated her own daughter, and this was before I knew the whole story. I know I have no right to judge, being as I don't even know the woman, but...I'm sorry. I'll drop it." Kana said, lowering her eyes. "Forgive me please, as I said, I have no right." She said, bowing.
"I'm sorta glad I didn't just leave last night like I was considering because of my little argument with Koda now. Poor Melissa would of probably been worried sick if she woke up and I wasn't here. She told her mother I was to pretty to sleep in the forest. Now I know why."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:23 am

He smiled gently, hoping to somewhat soothe the troubled look on her face.
"You can say what you wish. i am hardly about to go and report you. Believe me if I had my way she would not be in charge, through lineage she got to be where she is. We all detest her, but we try to remain on her good side. I help by healing the ones she wounds. I'm not physically or mentally strong enough to rebel all by myself. To each his own I guess."
He replied shrugging lightly.
"Melissa will survive, she's a fighter."

(Short post is short D:)
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Kana thought about this for a moment, lowering her voice considerably before speaking again. "Not that I'm trying to incite a rebellion or anything, but don't you have nine tails as well? Not to sound full of myself, but I'm powerfull enough because of the number of tails I have, to defeat anyone in the clans but my 'baachan, who also has nine tails, or Akio, who's gift is to reflect back attacks."
She sighed, "So even out here who rules is left up to lineage and not who is most worthy of the position. I guess some things are the same everywhere. That's kinda depressing. What other gifts does that woman posses besides the ability to drag out bad experiances from the past?" She asked. "You don't have to tell me, I'm just curious. I'm curious about everyone here."
Kana looked at the tent Koda and Melissa were currently sharing, "Earlier I spoke to Koda about wanting to bring my imoto here...but after what happened to Melissa in the woods...and what I've heard and seen from her mother...I almost feel like she's safer under kakasama, chichioya, and 'baachan's watch." A pained look crossed Kana's face, "It's just Daichan is so little...I'm worried that kakasama will hurt her like she used to hurt me, and as much as oniisan was an ass, he protected me when I was very small. Daichan has no one. I doubt 'baachan even aknowledges her, seeing as she only has eight tails, and chichioya...though he is a great father, the men never stand up to the women in my clan. To do so brings great punishment, maybe even death."
Kana lightly facepalmed herself, "I'm sorry for using those terms, I don't even know if you speak the language from the north. My grandmother hardly spoke any Common and when I'm tired I tend to slip back into our clans native tongue."

((OOC: Kakasama = Very outdated, formal version of mother. Chichioya = father. Imoto & oniisan = little sister & older brother (which you knew ;p) and Dai (Daichan) is Kana's little sister. Also I said common instead of English because I don't know what language they are supposed to speak, and whatever they're speaking is the "common" language lol))
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Damian stared at her with a blank face, lightly mixed with confusion and surprise.
"How did you know about my tails? I haven't told anyone about that. If they knew..." He squeezed his eyes shut, hands clenching around his trouser leg. "They would be afraid. I don't fancy eternal confinement." He held up his wrist, a scar running all the way around. "That's what happened when they thought I had four."

Folding the cuff back down on his shirt he glanced back up at Kana.
"She can take away any power you think you have and use it against you. Draining you until you're too weak to stand. She's lethal in battle having been raised by wolves instead of Kitsunes. That's why many follow her, she can defend us easily." He spoke slowly as if struggling to get his thoughts out. With a sigh he rested his chin in his hand. "You should know there's an empty cottage about four miles south east of here. It's deep in the thickets. No one knows about it. If you want you can move her there. I'll look after her, after all I have plenty of excuses to get out of the camp and no one would think it odd if I left with a load of food. I don't mind helping her lodge somewhere safe, especially if your home life is as you say it is. And I actually speak mostly the native Neko and Elven tongue. When you make so many trades you pick it up. I only know little of the truly ancient language, but I'll learn in time."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 am

Kana narrowed her eyes, "Then she lied to me. Baka neko. Or maybe she didn't know..." She mumbled. "I won't say anything to anyone. I promise. But now I'm worried about myself as well as you. I was told by a certain someone that the number of tails you have doesn't matter here. Maybe they meant it in a different way...It would of been nice if they told me I was in danger for possessing nine tails." She whispered, "Koda knows, somehow...you might want to talk to her when she gets up. I don't think she wants any harm to come to any of you, but you might want to let her know not to let it slip out accidently."

"Hmmm, I understand. I know what it's like to have people follow someone because of their skills in battle. That's why 'baachan, sorry, grandmother was the leader of our clan. It's why I was to be the next clan leader..." She said in a hushed voice, not wanting to attract attention to their conversation. In the back of her mind she was going over stradigy though. She had been raised to be a weapon, and it was second nature for her to try to find weaknesses in others. It didn't mean she would ever act on it, it was just something she did without even thinking. She had figured out Akio's weakness...and it wasn't poison. She knew how to defeat him. Just like she knew her own weakness, and 'baachan's, and kakasama's, the list went on.

She smiled gently at the man, "You would do that? Go out of your way to take care of a strange child? I may take you up on that, I don't want her caught in the crossfire when I finally return to set things right. She doesn't deserve that. I don't ever want her to see battle or be used as a pawn. I want her to grow up as a normal child..." She grinned then, "And don't worry about learning the ancient language, unless you want to know it. I'm fluent in it, but that was expected of me. I'm sure my sister can speak Elven...though I doubt she can speak the native Neko tongue. We were discouraged from interacting on a social level with Neko's, though my best friend was one." She paused, growing more serious. "Would she be safe there? She has eight tails, and is still a child, so she is prone to shifting into pure fox form when upset or nervous. I use to do the same thing. I just need to know, before I basically kidnap her and bring her here, that she wont be harmed. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she were hurt because of me, hurt because she had the misfortune to be born into the Michiko clan, or because she was born with eight tails. I already endured enough for both of us being born with nine...I think you know what I mean about that. To have nine tails is so rare...everyone fears you, even your own parents. Only other Kyuubi except you for who you are. Sorry, I'm rambeling again. You are the only other Kyuubi besides 'baachan that I have ever met." She smiled shyly.

((OOC: more vocab in case you didn't know XD Kyuubi is nine-tailed fox))
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:52 am

He paused rubbing his eyes, the lack of sleep now showing. Smiling to her, he linked his fingers together.
"I know she knows. It was my fault, she caught me in the alternate form. She wouldn't tell anyone she doesn't trust and she doesn't trust people at all. So she must know that you wouldn't bring it up, Liss knows but she doesn't care, she just thinks I'm 'Mr funny man' in the last tent." He paused, trying to think of a way to answer her, already knowing that the situation was confusing. "They don't care how many tails you have as long as it remains under four. However, a rumor started going around that the fours and above were rallying the army to take this place down. As a result you either fled or died. I was born not long after this. My father had died in battle and my mother of terminal illness when I was seven. Influencing the reason I wanted to cure others. I had learned not to speak of what I had. It's much simpler like that."

He tilted his head, considering what she had said.
"I can assure you I am the only one who leaves camp. To trade or get herbs. As I've said it's not uncommon for me to disappear for days at a time. Most are afraid of the forest and because of the constant stream of injuries from in there everyone but myself is banned from leaving camp. The place itself is already hidden and extremely hard to find unless you know where it is. I'll protect her with my life if I had to. If she comes here then she's my responsibility and as you know we look out for one another." He smiled. "As for the language for us there is not much point learning the elder tongue. It's soon to be obliterated anyway and as I deal with the Elves and Neko's those are the only languages I need. Thankfully through good trading we made a refuge Neko camp our sister tribe. It's relaxing to know that species doesn't matter anymore. Though I doubt slavery is gone." He murmured.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:29 am

Kana covered her mouth to stifle a yawn, laughing slightly in embarassment. "I understand now." She said in responce to the comment about Koda and Lissa. "I can totally see Lissa not careing." She added with a smile. She listented intenly to the talk of an army, "You know, I hardly knew any Kitsune with less then six tails, let alone less then four...but the people I knew wouldn't of cared about a place like this. It would be benieth them." She said frowning, "I suppose it's a good thing they thought that way though." Kana glanced at the sky, "I'm sorry about your parents, especially your mother. It must of been hard, being that young. But you're right, it is easier hiding what you have. People expect less of you, fear you less, and trust you more. Though it's hard to hide who I am with this hair." She laughed bitterly.

Kana took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I think I'll go get her then. I trust you to watch over her until I can set things right, though I don't know why I trust you. I don't trust anyone. Maybe it's because of our shared secret?" Kana asked herself, tilting her head to the side. "It's not going to be easy, going back there. I mean getting her out of the compound wont be hard, everyone but 'baachan fears me there, even my own parents, and O'baachan wont stop me...I just need to get in and out of the area un-noticed by Akio or any of his lackies. That will be the hard part."
"Saying the elder tongue will be oblterated soon sounds ominious, as if you know something I don't. I mean, I know it's dying out, but the way you say it..." She shivered, "And slavery isn't gone. Many of the great clans still own Neko slaves, and human slaves for that matter. My best friend was a Neko slave...she was killed by Akio, beaten to death. My clan never owned slaves in my lifetime. They had servents. People who are paid for their services and are free to quit are much more efficiant in my opinion." She thought about it for a moment, "Do you know how long it would take to get to the Northern Lands from here? I honestly don't even know where Koda brought me." She smiled sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:38 pm

"Well it's no use crying over people I can't bring back, so please don't fret about it. I've lived without them for twelve years I think I can do ok." He replied, giving her a cheeky smile. "Besides, you could always use a wig. You never know, it might suit you."

Damian crossed his arms, a light frown appearing on his face.
"It's two days walk, half a days ride. We stay close, after all you never look right under your nose do you? We're safer here then if we went to the deserts. Though I recommend riding as the forest is like a maze, very few can make it out. Even less make it out alive." He chuckled. "I can get you a mount, don't worry. Just say when you want to leave. Although..." He paused, rummaging around in his pockets for a moment before pulling out a small vial of dark green liquid. "If you let a spark off near this, it'll explode. Might come in handy." He passed it over to her, rolling his eyes as Koda emerged from the tent, rubbing her eyes.
"Morning sleeping beauty." He cheerfully sang across to her.
"Screw you, I didn't sleep and you know that." She growled, staggering over to the fire, giving up half way and face planting the ground. "Comfy." She whined lightly, tail wagging from side to side in mock amusement.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:17 am

Kana made an amused noise, rolling her eyes at the comment about the wig. Though..."Actually that's not a bad idea. Do you know where I could get a black wig from? Or even brown? Hell any color but blood red!" She laughed. "I was just thinking black because Dai-chan has black hair, and if someone saw us on the road they may just think us mother and daughter. I was only fourteen when she was born, but having a child at that age is not unheard of. I'll have to wear my kimono again..." she said to herself, glancing down at her small bag.

"We're that close?! Oh gods, that girl..." She took a deep breath, thinking about what Damian said. You never look for what is right under your nose. "Even though I'm sure I could make it through the forest alive, I doubt Dai could, and I would probably have to carry her... A mount would be wonderful, the faster I can get out of there, the better. Could you get me one by nightfall? As you probably know, the Kitsune of the clans are nocturnal. Half a day's ride, I would arrive just after dawn, and I would get to the house in the cover of night, or back here at the very least."
She took the vial of green liquid, slipping it into her bag. "Thank you." She said, before watching Koda fall to the ground halfway to the fire. Kana giggled at the girls comment. She was in a rare good mood, despite the fact that her body longed for sleep. She could go another two days...By nightfall tomorrow she would have her sister out of that hell and somewhere safe. She could sleep then, maybe. She could definatly sleep the morning after.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:02 pm

"I can get you one now. You should sleep until nightfall though, it'll do you good." He replied, standing and shaking off the weariness of the sleepless night.
"Wassa goin' on?" Koda mumbled through the earth.
"Getting Orion. Wanna come with?" He asked, standing in front of her head, the tip of his boots barley brushing her skull.
"Sure." Pushing herself onto her hands and knees, she staggered to her feet.
He turned back to face Kana, a slight stern look in his eye.
"Go sleep. It'll take a while to convince him to let you ride him anyways. Might take until nightfall actually. You're welcome to come to, but it would be better for you to sleep."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insanity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insanity
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: