Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Neverness (KZ, By invite only)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Neverness (KZ, By invite only) Empty
PostSubject: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:36 am

It had been a while. Well more than a while. Actually a whole great heaping chunk of time that people just pass by without realising it.

Okay so it was actually two days. But those two days, forty eight hours, two thousand eight hundred and eighty minutes, dragged for what seemed forever. Still it's over now, so all is well.

Kaylen sighed. Stupid family. Stupid goddamn family. I hope they burn. Okay, tell a lie. I hope they suffer. A lot. She thought bitterly to herself. An ache in the top of her arms growing, but despite her efforts she couldn't bring them apart for any kind of comfort or to dull the ache even for a second. The tight cord bit into her wrists, leaving deep red grooves as she toyed with it, testing the strength.

A woman in a head scarf passed her by, head bent low and eyes on the ground. It was true, this sort of thing happened a lot. But Kaylen always figured it wouldn't happen to her. She had always managed to hide her differances from her family, but after being caught out she was sold. Almost immediatly into a life of slavery. All within a period of two days. She sighed again, her shoulders slumping slightly as she accepted her fate. A harsh slap bringing her out of her daze.
"Cease that damn huffing and puffing." A tall man ordered, face hidden underneath a large beard, but gracious hands held that chain that was firmly fastened around her neck.
"Fine." She grumbled, only to be met with another slap. She could feel the hand print on her cheek, one side of her face a comical red, the other a light tan colour.
"That's yes Sir to you."
Choosing to say nothing, she followed behind him absentmindedly. Yes, she truly despised her family for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Ardigan spat on the ground, his saliva mixing with the soft earth.
His arms screamed. Ardigan ignored them as only one who has felt the same pain many times can. They where bound behind him, stuck at a painful angle. The steel chain around his neck was surprisingly cold, and it bit into the exposed skin.

Ardigan had been living this life for two years. he had been sold, or rather given, into slavery by the polis he had once lived in. As the Empire's population grew, each individual city-state could only afford to feed so many. So they left that to the various slave traders wandering the Empire.

Ardigan had grown up on the dirty streets of the farthest polis from the Capital, stealing food from the open air markets and doing the occasional job for local gangs. It was on one of those jobs that the gang he was working for decided to set him up. Ardigan was captured and withing the week had found himself a slave. He stayed with his first master for a few months, doing random chores that his master was too lazy to do himself. Then he was sold to a new master, and was forced to fight in gladiatorial matches against fellow slaves. He had shown a particular skill for killing, and knowing how to draw out a battle that could be over quickly to capture the audience. He hated it. Now he was sold to a new master.

The trader examined his newest slaves. He walked up and down the row, inspecting them. A girl next to him had hung her head, most likely thinking of home. Not the best idea. She received a vicious slap for her show of weakness. When the trader was done with the girl, he moved on to Ardigan. He looked the Trader in the eye. he knew he would be harmed for his show of disrespect, but he didn't care. His two years of slavery had taken away all cares for self preservation. Ardigan waited for the slap. It didn't come. The Trader nodded, as if pleased, and moved on.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:22 pm

She walked through the streets of the city heading for the main center. The new shipment of slaves should of arrived today and she wanted to get there before all the good ones were taken. Last time she had returned to her betrothed with a slave not up to his standards he had the poor girl killed, and had her beaten severly for it.

Kana had grown up with servents, not slaves. She still felt like the servents were more officiant then slaves, they were paid after all, where as all the slave's had were their lives, and many didn't want to keep those.

A crowed was gathering near the entrance to the auction house, but that was normal. Most of the slaves were Nekos, and the common humans of the city were always overjoyed to catch a glimps of the "Cat people". It didn't matter to her or her soon to be husband Akio if the slaves were Neko or Human or what not, after all, they were none of these. They were both decended from what would be considered royal Kitsune families.

"Lady Kana, it's good to see you again. We've gotten an excelent shipment in this time. Anything specific you're looking for? Let me guess, Lord Akio broke one of the house slaves again?" A pinched faced man chuckled.
She blushed, the Lord of the house did go threw quite a few slaves. She really didn't agree with his treatment of them, her nanny growing up being a Neko, but he insisted they were his property and he could do with them as he pleased. Just like she was his property...
"Yes, I need a new house girl, attractive this time, Lord Akio had the last girl put to death for having a lazy eye. I also need a new member for my guard. Apparently Xavor was caught with one of the gardeners, and tried to run. Needless to say the Lord didn't let him get very far." She explained.
The man glanced over the new faces, eyes landing on a girl who had very similar hair to the Lady's. "I think I have the perfect house slave for you. Come, i'll show you." He held out his hand to Kana. She didn't want to take his filthy hand, but she did anyways.
The man led her down the row of slaves. She noted that many of them appeared to be warriors. "Ruse! This beautiful woman is looking for a new guard, are any of these peices acceptable?" The man called, stopping infront of a femal Neko. Kana looked at the girl while the men spoke. She was taller then herself, but still petite. Her hair a rich red, similar but not the same as her own, ears and tail black. Her skin was a sunkissed tan. "She'll do." Kana said, turning towards the seller. "Excelent! I thought she might. She has some similar features to you, not to say, well you're deffinatly more.." he sputtered. She held up a hand, "Save it. I'm not intrested in flattery. Any suggestions on a guard?"
He nodded rapidly, "Yes,yes. This boy, next to the girl. He has fought as a gladiator for two years before he was sold again. Very skilled. Ruse says his old master said he is excelent at following directions, if not a little strong headed." The man laughed slightly at the end. She inspected the bound boy, he didn't look much older then her. She could tell from the way he held himself, even bound, that he was a fighter, a survivor. She needed someone who could act on instinct and not wait for orders. "I'll take him as well. Prepare them both."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Kaylen growled lightly, ebony ears pressing against her skull. The thought of being judged like a piece of meat sickened her to her very core. The trader cut the ropes behind her back, pulling her arms in front. Securing them one more, but this time with iron. Handing the chain around her neck over to the female who had chosen to buy her, he scurried away, busy with the male she had too purchased.

She stared at the female. An intense hatred burning in her amber eyes as her freedom was passed into the hands of this child well most likely not a child. But she didn't look much older than Kaylen herself.
"Listen to me Lady. I will not bow to your every whim, the minute you take me off these chains I'm going. And I'm going to make sure I torch your home and everyone inside as I walk free. Who the fuck do you think you are, taking peoples rights?" She scowled, keeping her head bent low so the trader could not hear.
"Here you are Ma'am." He smiled cheerfully, pressing the males chain into her hand. "Two hundred pieces as per usual. And please tell your husband to keep breaking them. He's keeping my family out of the workhouse."
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Ardigan watched coolly as his ownership changed once again. The other girl's display of emotion was distasteful. Sure, it was wrong, and it needed to stop, but what did these people care? They didn't.

Ardigan observed his new master. She was a kitsune. Ardigan had met kitsune before, both in the arena and in the household of his first master. They could be decent enough, and their attitude towards humans varied as much as humans' attitude towards kitsune. Judging by the familiarity the Trader showed, she was a regular. That meant she was rich, probably with a big house. It also meant they went through slaves fast. That wasn't good. Not at all.

Ardigan was determined to survive to see a new master. Life, even life as a slave, was life. It didn't have a point, but that was because it was the point of everything else. And Ardigan had come too far to give up on life. Freedom was only a secondary goal now. He rubbed his hands where the ropes had cut into them, and continued to stare at his new master.

Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:13 pm

She led the two new pieces of property out of the auction house, waiting until she was out of ear shot. Kana twisted the chain attached to the Neko's neck, forcing the girl closer. "You listen to me girl! First, don't ever expect these chains to be taken off of you, you're a house slave, unchaining you is unnecessary. So be my guest and torch the house, you'll be just as dead as everyone else in there. As a matter of fact I would be thrilled if you did it." She loosened the pull on the chain slightly, "Secondly, I don't care if you bow to me, or follow my every whim. Believe it or not, I do stuff for myslef. The person who will care is Lord Akio. If he even hears a whisper of your insubordination, you will be in for more hurt then you could imagine in your wildest dreams, and if you are very, very lucky, you may even die."

She glanced at the human boy now, he had been silent and well behaved since she entered the auction house. She didn't know whether to trust him or not. He was either very passive and just trying to survive, or he was planning something. "Do you have anything to add while we are on the topic of how I'm scum for owning people? Because if you do, I would suggest you say it now. Once you are with Lord Akio, such words are a death sentence."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Kaylen grinned widely.
"I'll take that as permission to torch the house." She whispered in reply, her face millimeters from the femme's own. "Besides, can the poor little rich girl not handle her 'property?' Does she have to stick her poor finger in soapy water every night? Hard life? I'll trade. Any day you want to. If you prefer I'll walk right up to your husband, square him in the eye and call him a cunt. At worst he can kill me. At best he'll torture me. Either way missy I don't care. Just because he beats you senseless."
She pulled the chain out of the close grasp, falling into step besides the male.
"And don't even bother with the round eyes and 'how did you know?' It's written all over your face. You're nothing more than a child in over her head, a child who by the description of your husband and by the looks of you, will be tested to see if she can be with child soon."
Kaylen smiled once more before falling silent, shifting her eyes back to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Ardigan looked at the girl. Yes, she obviously hadn't been a slave for very long. She had yet to learn that in silence lies survival. She also had yet to learn that just because someone owns other human beings, they're not necessarily bad people. It's just a perk of high society, something that comes with having money and power. What determines whether they are bad people or not is how they treat those slaves.

Ardigan had learned these lessons from his first master. He had not been a bad person. He had just been inclined to be lazy. He even went so far as to educate his slaves, something unheard of for even the kindest of slave owners, unless it was to manage finances and similar tasks. But few owners where willing to trust slaves with such matters.

Ardigan was unsure about where his newest master stood. She didn't seem to be excessively cruel, but she didn't seem too terribly kind either. She had responded harshly to the girl's outburst, but that may have been an act to protect her as much as one of anger. Ardigan hoped it was the first one. From what his new master said, her husband was not someone to mess with. If she was just as bad, then Ardigan was unsure how he would survive this. Then again, his master had said she did her own work. Perhaps that meant she wasn't going to ask so much of them. He certainly hoped not.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Kana got her face undercontrol. The Neko could say what she wished, she would be dead soon if she continued. "I would trade spots with you in a heartbeat if I could. We are all property of Lord Akio, I just happen to be worth much much more to him then you. You got it right, I am just a child. I wished for this life no more then you did. The difference between us is when he's in a foul mood, you can hide in the kitchen. I can't. So burn it all, release me and everyone else from this slavery. Maybe the next life will be a better one, gods willing." She moved to walk infront of the couple, chains held loosley in her hand. She had no idea why she just confessed that to the neko. Maybe she felt bad for her, maybe she wanted her to know things could get worse and if she held her tongue she might live, or maybe she was just tired...

That's it, she was tired. Tired of everything. Tired of the family politics, the infighting, the power struggles, life in general. She was like that boy behind her, broken but not. She wasn't even sixteen yet, and she was done. See to much, been used as a pawn for to long.

She really hoped she was guessing correctly about the human. If so, maybe, just maybe he could actually protect her, as her guards were supposed to. She wasn't weak of will, at least not usually, apparently today was her exception, but she was weak of body. She was a tiny woman, not even five foot, and she was a woman. That was something she had kept hidden from the Lord for a while now, but if the Neko girl could see it so quickly...

She wanted to be done with all this. To be free, just like she was sure the two she was leading towards their continued enslavement wanted to be.

She secretly hoped the Neko girl would torch the house. Destroy the mannor and all that resided inside of it...except her of course. She failed to tell the Neko that the reason she could care less if she burnt the whole structure down around them was because she was immune to fire. There were more reasons then her pretty face and royal bloodlines that her "husband" wanted her under his control.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:31 am

Kaylen breathed harshly for a moment, running her finger around the inside of the collar, easing more room for her throat. She wanted to sleep, blackness dragging itself into her vision. She shook her head, fighting off the need her body desired.

They hadn't let her sleep for at least two days. Continually walking until they reached the market, where she had forced herself to stay conscious. But now she knew her fate, she simply didn't care. Her feet dragging on the dirt path.

She almost let out a childlike whine, complete with a 'are we there yet?'. She rubbed her eyes, smothering a yawn in her throat. This new place would be fun, or at least for her. She smiled lightly, standing up straighter in a bid to fight off sleep.
"So how would you like us to address you?!
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm

The girl was a little calmer now, she noticed. Maybe her little confession worked, or maybe, like her, she was just tired. Probably the later. The journey back to the mannor was a long one, and it was hot. Kana played with the idea of stopping at an inn for some lunch, but only if the girl continued to be calm. She couldn't be seen with an unruly slave at the table. She wasn't worried about the human boy, his behavior being impeciable since the moment she laid eyes on him. But this Neko girl, she was a fiesty one.

"You may call me Kana for now, when we are around others please address me as Lady Kana or my Lady. I really don't care for titles, but others will see it as disrespectful. There is a law in this village that allows slave owners to punish the slaves of others, especially womens slaves, if they act out of turn." she thought about it for a moment. The slave trader never did give her their names. "And what would the two of you like to go by? You may use your real names, or make something up. It really doesn't matter to me, but know that you will be called that for the entierty of your stay in the mannor. To be honest, you will probably just be refered to as "slave" or "you" by the Lord. He has no intrest in your names unless you catch his attention. I will call you by whatever name you chose, and so will the other servents." She paused again, "I would suggest that you don't do anything to catch the Lord's eye. Most slaves that do end up on the funeral pyre."
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 pm

"I am called Ardigan," he said, his voice emotionless and civil, as if he where talking to an unfamiliar dinner guest and not to the person who legally owned him as property. Ardigan noted the exasperated air that his new mistress, Kana, assumed when speaking of her husband. He had a clearer picture of the domestic situation he was being thrust into now. She was just another slave, albeit with a little more freedom than the rest of them.

Ardigan turned his attention the the neko standing next to him. She was a little older than him, and unused to the existence she was doomed to lead for the rest of her life. Ardigan estimated she had only been a slave for several weeks at most. Ardigan remembered his first few weeks. They hadn't been too painful, as he was fed better than he had ever been and didn't have to worry about someone sticking a knife between his ribs. But he had lived a hard life before, and slavery hadn't seemed too bad. Until he was bet on the outcome of a gladiator match. He was given to the owner of the winner, as was custom, and was forced to fight. He had never used a sword before, only knives, but he learned fast. Ardigan had lost part of his humanity in the arena. Anyone who hoped to survive the atrocities Ardigan had needed to become cold and detached.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:49 pm

She smiled, tilting her head to the left, ears folding against her head.
"Kaylen. Kay for short. Call me by that and I'll call you by your name. All's fair in love and war don't you think?"
She yawned, not bothering to cover her mouth, the chains around her wrists digging in more with each movement. Almost as punishment for being 'disobedient.'
It hadn't been long since she'd left her family and she'd never exactly had a cushy life. But this...this was far worse than even the most degrading act she had ever had to do. She could almost feel her soul turning inside itself just in an attempt to make sense of anything.
"...Are we nearly there?" She whined.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 pm

"No. We are not." Kana sighed. It was definatly to hot to keep walking in her opinion. She was thirsty and getting hungry, and was sure the other two must be as well. It was at least another hours walk, and the sun was just to harsh at this time of day for her fair skin.
"That's it. We're stopping. We are going to get some lunch then finish this god forsaken walk back to the manor. It's to damn hot out right now." She declaired, pointing at an over priced inn that she knew served a good meal. She knew the owner and knew he would accomidate her and the other two, even if they didn't usually serve food to slaves.

"I'll remove the chains from your wrists once we are inside, it would be undecent for me to reach for the key out in the open. I don't have the key for the locks around your necks." She added, letting the two know that even though their hands may be free, they could not escape. She really didn't have a key for the neck shakles. Lord Akio had a master key, one the gave all people who bought as many slaves as he did.

She led the two towards the inn up the street, "You may order whatever you wish. We feed our servants well at the mannor, but this place has some of the best food you will ever taste." She say's happily. She knew she shouldn't be, but she was excited to share a meal with these two. Well to share a meal with anyone. This place really did have the best food around, and she felt like a child showing off a new toy to strangers. She was spoiled in the way that she had always had the funds to treat others to things, and it was something she enjoyed greatly. The Lord didn't allow her to treat people to things anymore, her job to be like a pretty statue in the background, but she was a born hostess, raised to entertaine royal families as head of her own.

She walked through the door, the two behind her, and went to speak with the inn owner about getting a table for three.
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Ardigan was surprised, to say the least. Nobody ever bought slaves anything. His new mistress was showing a dangerous streak of kindness. Spending money on slaves? Unheard of. Ridiculous. Yet here they where.

The interior of the inn was not too terribly unlike the stereotype. The smokey air that filed the room was common in inns all over the Empire, (and everywhere else) while the mug-scarred bar and the tender behind it where also relatively stereotypical. The soft-leather seats and the people sitting on them, however where not so commonplace. This was obviously a place for those who were fairly well-off. Tall dark suits and elegant dresses sat in booths, their occupants looking at the two slaves disdainfully. Ardigan hated it. He hated how people always looked down at him, how people ignored him, he hated being a slave. But he wasn't ready to give up yet, so he lowered his head.

Kana was talking to the bartender, a large round man who was dressed more casually than most of those in his inn. Ardigan didn't trust him as soon as he set eyes on him. Then again, he didn't trust anybody. But this man just had an air of dishonesty about him, as if making money was the only thing that mattered to him, and, most likely, the only thing he had ever known.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:33 pm

She kept her head down as she entered the bar, knowing full well is she caught anyone looking down on her she would snap. But wishing to not make a scene she kept her eyes glued firmly to the ground. Rubbing her wrist lightly, the red grooves slowly filling back out.
She shuffled her bare feet against the wood, unsure exactly of what to do, the thought of walking for another hour made her sag slightly, especially under the harsh midday sun.
"Letting in riff raff now I presume..." She heard a woman sneer a distinguished accent slipping into the last word, an accent that Kaylen had never heard before. She clenched her fists tightly, a retort on her tongue, but she held it back. It would do them no favours to get thrown out, especially as not a single person here would come to her aid if she asked for it.
"And you think of yourself as better." She murmured, keeping her head low to avoid getting caught speaking out of turn. "There are peasants who could call themselves more human than you ever could...spoiled brats."
She readjusted herself, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear. Getting downtrodden was something she would have to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:42 pm

"And what would your husband think if he knew you were treating slaves to a meal, hmmm?" The Inn keeper said to Kana in a knowing voice. She threw a small pouch full of gold coins on the bar top, "I don't think my husband will say a thing, because he wont know, now will he? I'm hungry and they are new. I don't trust someone to run off with them if I leave them outside. Also it's a long treck back to the mannor, and starving slaves will just slow me down. It's not like I could carry one of them if they collapsed, now could I? Now I believe you were going to give us the table in the corner and keep your mouth shut, am I correct?" She said with a polite smile. The Inn keeper dumped the coins into his hand, weighing them. A grin split his face, "Of course Lady Kana. I will be there shortly with menus, three of them. Even if I doubt your slaves can read." He said in a smug tone. "Oh I don't know aboout that. Kaylen appears to be new to the life of a slave, and Ardigan seems quite refined for a warrior." She said just as smugly back.

She heard a familiar voice say "Letting in riff raff now I presume..." and Kaylen respond quietly under her voice. She was proud of the neko for holding her aparently large temper. She turned and saw Lady Sato sitting at a nearby table, looking superior as always. She was not an attractive woman, which was difficult for a Kitsune. Most of them were naturally beautiful, especially the women. It's part of their power over humans. Sato had droopy eyes and almost non-existant thin lips, cheeks a blotchy red, hair a mousey brown, and was so large she nearly burst out of her kimono. Kana also knew the woman only had two tails when in fox form, which was pathetic. She despised the other woman with a passion. Sato had beat her once as a very small child, just because Kana was prettier then her, and she had been born with nine tails. But now, Sato was terrified of her...

"Lady Sato, I certianly hope you were not refering to me when you just made that comment." She said, stalking over to the table. Sato's eyes went large, "No, no of course not Lady Kana! I just meant, well, slaves? In this establisment? Especially slaves dressed like that." Sato said with disgust. Kana narrowed her black eyes at the older woman, "What I chose to do with my slaves is none of your concern, just like their dress is none of your concern. And this establisment is not that high class. Just because you can't afford anything better...well, you get my point. I suggest you hold that sharp tongue of yours before someone more powerfull tears it out. I would be delighted to do the honors." She smiled innocently. Sato slapped her hand over her mouth, eyes going even larger if possible. She laughed, head back and full throated at Sato's expression. Sato dropped her eyes to the table top, "I'm sorry Lady Kana, I spoke without thinking. I didn't realise that these two were your property." Sato whispered. "Oh? I think you did. How many other Kitsune do you know with hair like fresh blood, besides my infant sister? You were just being your pompous self again. You're just lucky I don't want to get blood all over my new yukata, or I would relieve you of your tongue on the spot." She replied in a harsh tone. The idea of tearing out the woman's tongue sounded more and more appealing, even if it would ruin her pretty royal purple yukata with it's black cherry blossom print and bright red sash. Only the black cherry blossoms would survive that much blood. Kana turned to the slaves, "Kaylen, Ardigan, I believe it's time to leave Lady Sato to her extensive meal, please follow me."

When they reached the secluded table in the back corner of the tavern Kana reached into her yukata, retrieving the keys for the shackles around the two's wrists from her cleavage. She smoothly unlocked the iron around their wrists, setting the bonds next to her on the padded bench seat. She waved to the two chairs across from her, "Please, sit."
The Inn keeper arrived with three glasses of water, a small basket of fresh bread and sweet butter, and three menus. "I'll return in a few minutes for your order my Lady. Please enjoy." He bowed to her, completely ignoring the slaves. She nodded to the man then turned to the two across from her, "Feel free to order what you wish, price is not an issue. I would suggest you stay away from liquor though. It will only dehydrate you more, and if you pass out I can't carry you. If you pass out, unless the other is able to carry you, you will more then likely be tied to the nearest tree and someone will be sent to fetch you later. This will greatly displease Lord Akio." She paused, thinking for a moment. "That's part of the reason I chose to stop for food and drinks. I know they don't feed you or give you much to drink while you're in the slave market. Anyways, enough of that. Please look over the menus and make your selection. I was correct in my assumption that the both of you could read, wasn't I? If I was wrong, let me know. I'll read it for you. Do not worry about being honest around me, I wont let my husband know. He prefers our slaves ignorant, but I find them much more usefull when they have some education. We have different views on just about everything in this life." She sighed, picking up her menu.

(OOC Sorry for the really long post :/ I don't know what got into me tonight)
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Ardigan ignored the menu, and grabbed a slice of the bread. He had learned not to indulge himself, especially after living his entire life on minimal amounts of food. Eat too much, and you are throwing up on the floor. Usually, it was worth it, and you just kept eating, but he had a feeling that if he threw up the innkeeper would have him lashed or something. That would be best avoided.

"I can read," he said. Again, he did not specify. He didn't need to. If they wanted his complete history, they would ask. And they never did. None of them had cared that much. Not even his first master. Or maybe he did. Maybe he was convinced his slaves had it bad enough in the present without having to relive the past, remember loved ones, family, and friends left behind. Ardigan had none of those. Nor did he want them.

Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:15 am

She pushed the menu away, taking hold of the glass bewteen her hands, tracing the rim with her little finger.
"I can read also..." She trailed, realising she would have to tell Kana sooner or later. "But I can't read English well. I can only read my native language with ease. I struggle with English. But it does not matter, as kind as your offer is I'm not hungry. Thank you anyways."

It was a lie that would cost her, but she did not want to be in debt to the woman. No matter even if was from the kindness of her heart, Kaylen did not want to feel like she owed her anything for her offer. After a few moments, she pushed the glass away. Folding her hands in her lap. She glanced around the room, taking in the intricate carvings on the wall and slowly processing what had just happened.

She reached up, pulling at the tip of her ear in agitation. The thought of not being able to get up and leave made her fidget in her seat, keeping the tip of her ebony ear in her fingertips, teeth chewing on her bottom lip. It took all of her self control to stop herself moving in her seat and she finally settled properly.
"I would've slapped her." She stated bluntly as the conversation played in her mind once more.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 am

"I have before." She said with a small smirk. "I've done more then just smack her too. She's terrified of me now, and she should be. My whole life there have been people who pushed me around because I was small, and they were jealous. She discovered about a year back that I am not as small as I use to be. I really would of enjoyed ripping the tongue out of that corpulent bitch's head." She sighed, then covered her mouth quickly with her hand, eyes going wide. "Please excuse my language! I get carried away occasionally." She said quickly with an apologetic smile, though why she was apologising to them she didn't know. Force of habit maybe?
She looked at Ardigan who was picking at a slice of bread, then at Kaylen who had pushed away her water, "Thank you for telling me that you have trouble with english Kaylen, I appreciate it. If you're intrested in learning english, the head cook teaches some of the girls how to read in secret. Akio never visits the kitchens, so it's safe to learn there. Of course it's your choice."
Kana glanced at the Inn keeper, who was bringing Sato more food, and sighed. She was really hungry and wished he would hurry. "Are you sure the two of you wont order anything? I really hate eating alone, it makes me feel like just as big of a pig as Sato over there." She asked again. She turned her attention back to Kaylen, "If you're not going to order anything then would you atleast do as Ardigan is and eat some bread and drink some water? I really don't want you passing out on the way back to the mannor. Tying you to a tree is really not ideal. To be honest, you are far to pretty to leave unconcious and unguarded. There are people here that would love to have a beautiful young neko as a slave, and not to do house work if you catch my drift." She said in a serious tone to the other woman.
Kana noticed the innkeeper making his way towards them, "I'm going to order. If you change your mind when my food comes, please tell me. I really do hate being the only one eating." She said in a slight pleading tone. "Are you ready Lady Kana?" The man asked, false grin plastered across his face. "Yes. I'll have six pieces of tuna sushi, a house salad with raspberry vinagerette, and some green tea. Could we also get another basket of bread with an assortment of jams and a pitcher of ice water?" She said, voice taking on a more commanding tone. The man bowed and muttered something about right away, leaving Kana to sigh.
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 am

Ardigan watched the bartender leave to retrieve the bread and Kana's food with a growing sense of unease. He shouldn't be here, in the world of the rich and powerful. Well, maybe he did belong in that world, but not like this. Even his first master would never have done this. It was ridiculous. Ardigan saw the dirty looks they were getting, the indistinct muttering from those in the booths and tables situated around the room. This did not seem to bother Kana, and Kaylen didn't seem to have noticed. or maybe she had, and was getting better at self-control.
He wanted to leave as soon as possible, but, unfortunately, it was not his decision to make. Even here, Ardigan was still a slave.

The bartender returned some five minutes after departing. He set Kana's meal before her, and the breadbasket was placed in the center of the table, next to the original. An assorted mix of five small jam jars tucked in the side of the basket, warmed by the still-cooling bread. Ardigan greedily grabbed a roll, and, to the displeasure of everyone watching, tore into it.

Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Kaylen shook her head firmly.
"I'm not hungry. If I pass out on the way back then leave me where I fall. Maybe fate is kind enough to deal me a kind hand for a change, no matter what happens it will be on my own head and I accept that."
Taking a strand of auburn hair between her fingers she rolled it between her thumb and forefinger. The growing amount of stares was beginning to get under her skin and the urge to snap was growing. Her left ear twitched lightly, various words standing out in the crowded room, clenching her fists she forced her gaze back to the two at the table.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Kana ignored the chatter from the other tables. They were afraid of her, and even more so of her husband. Talk was talk, but they would never act against her. They were nothing but cowards.

She took a small bite of her sushi, and nearly laughed out loud at the sight of the boy eating. "I take it you haven't eaten in a while?" She mummered, finishing her piece of sushi. It really wasn't as good as it normally was. She sighed, pushing the fish away, moving onto the salad.

She watched the girl closely as she ate. The girl was getting ancy again, and so was the boy for that matter. He looked uncomfortable as all hell sitting there. She took another bite of the salad, and found it was no good either. The leaves were wilting in the heat, and it just made it bitter. She quickly swallowed her tea, which by the grace of the gods, was good.

"Is there a problem with your food Lady Kana?" The inn keeper asked, wringing his hands nervously. "It's definatly not up to par with your normal standards, to hot out I suppose. Could you have this second basket of bread wrapped up for me? I believe bread may be the only thing that could withstand this heat." She said in a melencholly tone, tossing some coins at the man. "Right away my Lady." He said, rushing off.

Kana reached into the remaning basket, hand brushing against the boys, "Sorry." she muttered, not really paying attention to the fact that she just touched the slave. She tore the piece in two, taking a small bite. She could hear one person in particular above the others, and shot a glare in their direction. The fat kitsune shrank back from the look. "That's what I thought." Kana whispered with a smirk. The inn keeper returned with an ornately wrapped up silk bag full of bread. "We're leaving. Ardigan, carry that." She said loudly, making a dismissive motion at the bag. She almost felt bad being rude to them after being polite a short while ago, but with all these people around...kindness was considered a weakness.
Back to top Go down
Ardigan
Beast Poster
Beast Poster
Ardigan

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:04 pm

"Yes, Lady Kana," he said. Ardigan took the basket when commanded. This was better. An order, not an invitation. Ardigan didn't understand exactly why it was better. But it felt more...normal. He realized that if he ever got free, it wouldn't be the same as it had before. He had lived as a slave for too long. Even with this overwhelmingly depressing thought, Ardigan managed to keep his face expressionless. He would not be read so easily.

Finally, we're leaving, thought Ardigan, in an attempt to change subjects. But his train of thought stubbornly carried him down similar tracks. I have as much a right to be here as any one of those pompous, overfed rats. The thought surprised him. He felt suddenly defiant. And defiance was dangerous. It made you impulsive. Ardigan struggled to keep his emotions under control, hoping this internal battle wasn't showing.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Kaylen stood, relieved at the chance to leave. Smoothing herself down, she held out her wrists to Kana, waiting for the chains to be replaced. The red grooves had long since gone, but the familiar ache of the metal remained. With a sigh she ran her eyes around the room, finally settiling on the male who stood beside her. She hadn't paid much attention to him, in fact she barely realised he was there until he was spoken to. Taking in his apperance, she raised a brow. A warrior. Great.

She slid slightly closer, lowering her voice so Kana wouldn't hear.
"You don't have to be so composed. If you're going to get mad then do it instead of trying to push it down." She murmured before moving away, rolling her shoulders forward at the sight of the unpleasant kitsune across the room. She smirked lightly, rubbing her palms together. Payback was going to be a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neverness (KZ, By invite only)   Neverness (KZ, By invite only) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neverness (KZ, By invite only)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: