Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Sanctuary: Simple and Clean

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

Sanctuary: Simple and Clean Empty
PostSubject: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 pm

The beach was quiet today, the waves rolled lazily up and down coastline slowly washing beautifully coloured shells onto the shore. A breeze picked up and blew some of the sand above the ground before letting it fall softly once again. The sun seemed brighter today and the sky was oddly clearer than it normally is despite a single cloud floating above on its own.

He layed on the sand with his back against a palm tree that had grown a bit sideways due to the way it's seed must have been planted into the slop. His head rested against his arms which were folded behind him, his dirty-blond hair softly swaying against his forehead. He brought down his left arm and adjusted the checkerboard patterned wrist band around it then slowly pulled back both of the rings on his index and middle fingers, one black, one white.
Using the same hand he dusted off the black sleeveless jacket he wore over his torso and fixed his black and opaque coloured trousers.

He slipped his hand back behind his head and slowly closed his eyes, letting relaxation really kick in. But this wasn't just his leisure time, he had been waiting for someone for aver an hour now and decided to take a quick rest before they showed up, which hopefully would be soon.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 pm

With a temperamental sigh, Alexa spotted the dozing form halfway across the beach. Fair enough she was late, something that should've been expected of her, but she was not late enough for the sleeping to start. Nor was she late enough for him to take seat upon the sand either, but the point remained that he was still practically folded in half, shoulders slumped forward in a vain attempt to get comfortable.
Kicking off her shoes with a scowl, she picked them up stalking across the soft path below her, sand shifting with each step. Stopping a few centimeters away from the dozing boy, she kicked him lightly in the thigh.
"Get up lazy ass, you don't see me sleeping. It's rude to call people out if your just going to fall asleep while waiting for them."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:35 pm

His body jerked back to life as he felt something hit his leg. His eyes drifted lazily over the spot where he had been kicked then to the foot that kicked him and he jumped to his feet and wrapped his arms around the femme, "It's been so long.". He said as a smile plastered itself to his face. Softly pushing the femme backwards his smile turned smug and he grinned at her, "Who're you calling lazy? What took you like an hour to get here?".

His hands slid into his pockets and he rotated his one shoulder clicking the joint back into place. He leaned over and picked up the opaque jacket that he had placed under himself to refrain from getting sand everywhere. "So, how are you?". He asked sheepishly, not sure what to say to her at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Taking a step back, she moved into his show, blocking the incessant sunlight from burning into her eyes. "Well, some of us actually have to get ready before we get called out at stupid o'clock so we don't look like we just tumbled out of bed and all. Seriously why seven am?"
Gripping her wrist behind her back, she flashed him a quick smile. "Besides being up way to early, I've been fine. A little of this a little of that, nothing that'll kill me. More to the point how've you been? You can't go missing on me for a year then come back you know?! I have half a mind to kick your ass and the other half is wondering why I'm not currently beating it."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:57 pm

He let out a chuckle then shook it off, "Come to think of it, I've actually missed your smart ass comments.". He let a smile slip and continued, "Glad to hear that at least you've been doing good the past couple months.". He slowly dropped to the ground and rested one arm against a raised leg while supporting his body against the other, "Sorry about the whole disappearance thing. And I guess I shouldn't have disturbed your beauty sleep....by the looks of it, you could use a lot more of it.". He fell back onto the sand in laughter.

He looked up at the sky then over to her, "You know I didn't have a choice Alexa, it was either me or him.", his eyes closed slowly and he shook his head. "Speaking of 'him'...we should drop by later and pay him a visit, I guess it wouldn't hurt to say hello to everyone before I get going again an all.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm

"Shut up." She reminded him lightly, a frown passing her face. "You know why I had to choose him so don't try and guilt trip me. It won't work." She growled, folding her arms across her chest. "What do you mean get going again? Hell no. You're sticking around. Every time you go and leave with no contact we all think you've died, so don't go telling me you're leaving again." With a sigh, she settled in the sand next to him, watching the waves lap at the shore. "The twins were whining for you. You can't just see them then walk away..." She whispered, hand balling around her knees.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:37 pm

"Well then...", he began but was soon distracted by the scenery for a second before continuing, "I...I guess I shouldn't say 'hello' then. If it's gonna hurt those two that much. I don't think I can look them in the eyes any more after just getting up and going like that last time...do they still think of me as family...I mean, they're all I got to be honest...well then there's you of course.", he chuckled softly.

He placed a hand on hers and looked at her plainly, "You know coming back to this world wasn't even a part of the deal Alexa, I shouldn't even be here right now. I can only stay for about a day or even two at maximum.". His gaze drifted as his hand slid down into the sand then dug into it taking warmth, "I've missed this place so much. Even if you don't want me to see the twins...I still wanna see Lea.", he stood up and stretched out a hand towards her.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:56 pm

"You know that they'll catch wind that you've been and left without speaking to them. They'll never forgive you for that." She told him, taking the hand that was offered, hauling herself quickly to her feet. "I know it wasn't part of the deal and I know you blame me for it. I'm sorry okay, what more do you want? I couldn't sell out my brother, you know that. I'm sorry it had to be you on the receiving end of that but as long as I had him then that's all that mattered to me at the time." Shifting nervously, she padded away in the direction of the small town that lay just beyond the beaches horizon. "Lea's gotten a lot older. Don't be surprised at how she looks."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:32 am

He brushed off her words with a cold shoulder and spoke with his back turned, "I know he meant a lot to you...and I don't blame you for choosing him over me. He's family an all right. I guess he just matters more.". He turned with a bright smile on his face. "Lea looks different? How? I understand it's been a year which means that would make her....about sixteen now, if I'm not mistaken.".

He walked by her side as they passed the gate connecting the town and the beach, passing a small park as well. His memories of this town, and all the people in it began to rush back into his head as he gazed from houses to shops and even trees brought back certain moments. A smile tugged at his lips once more, "So, is this place still as boring as ever or have more of those monsters come back?". His fists clenched tighter as he spoke, hatred building in his heart.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm

"She dyed her hair, cut it and whatever. She just looks...different. Not bad, just different." She replied, deciding against explaining as she climbed over a small fence that blocked their path. "Of course they came back. Not just one or two either...tens, dozens...we lost count eventually. We lost Raegan last month, they dragged her off. I tried to get her back, I really did. But we found nothing more than a blood splattered trail and a pile of bones at the end of it. Nothing but the bones...I think they ate her. We cut off the sources to their food hoping to starve them and they just took another one of us. It's been pandemonium, people have tried to leave in fear and end up dead the minute they cross into the forest. It's suicide to go in there now." She sighed.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:35 pm

He sighed heavily as he dug both hands into his pockets and effortlessly less stepped over the small fence, his tone went serious and his gaze didn't avert from its fixed position on the ground in front of himself. "Raegan...? Guess I've been away longer than I thought, I can't seem to recall an image of her in my mind. Whatever. So there's more of 'em now, guess i have a reason to maybe stick around a bit longer than I expected to.", he passed her a smile.

They reached the porch of a small white house with a dull, red roof and a couple of open windows scattered her and there around it's frame. He pulled on the jacket he had slung over his shoulder on the beach and covered his face with the hood as he noticed neighbours and other people looking their way, "What? They haven't seen a Nobody before?", he chuckled to himself then knocked on the door and waited.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:11 pm

"You know Raegan, she used to tease you about being short. Though you're about a foot taller than she used to be now, she would be pissed if she saw you." Alexa laughed, silencing herself quickly, leaning against the glossy white fence. "No they don't see strangers you idiot. People don't survive the forest to come to here and no one's ever came by boat, we're isolated. A newbie is going to startle them."
She went quiet once more as the door creaked open, a flash of striking red hair visible over his shoulder. The awkward silence branched out across the garden, Alexa shuffled in discomfort.
"You." The voice whispered, breaking the eerie quietness. Followed by a loud crack as palm met skin. Lea stared at the male, eyes narrowing in fury, hand burning as it fell to her side, stinging with the force of the slap. "You have the sheer nerve to come back here? How dare you!"
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:24 pm

He shook his head softly, "Sorry, can't recall a thing. Maybe if I saw a picture or something it might come back to me, you know, I even forgot what you looked like at one point during my stay up there. Hell, I bet I won't even recog-". He stopped mid-sentence as the door opened in front of him. He looked at the figure in amazement, the bright red hair had caught him off guard and his silly smile nearly twisted into laughter before it was cut off by her palm connecting with his left cheek.

"Wow.", he said plainly as he turned back to her, "That's how you greet people nowadays.", he removed his hood and looked at her in awe. Silence dawned the moment once again. "You've changed.", he finally stated as he pulled her into himself with both arms and held her tightly against his chest.Laying his cheek on her shockingly red hair, he sighed, "It's been so long.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 pm

"Get the hell off me you bastard, I'm trying to be angry here!" She growled wriggling out of his grip. "That's how we greet people who go missing for a year then come back like nothing's changed. How the hell did you expect me to react? An apron on with a cake baking in the oven, all smiles and hugs? I thought you were smart." Folding her arms across her chest she leant against the door frame, deaf to the yelling inside. "What made you come back. More to the point what made you think I wanted to see you?"
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:40 pm

His eyes widened as she pulled herself away from him and he stepped back a bit as she exploded. Waving a hand and rolling his eyes he sighed, "Well not exactly like that, but...you know, just a bit excited or happy I guess. Besides, you got one person to blame for my disappearance already, why blame me as well?", he stepped to the side and pointed back at Alexa.

"And as for what made me think you'd want to see me is this...", he dug his hand into his pocket and removed a small rusted black pendant shaped like a heart with a red X-shape cutting through it. "That day I left...You gave this to me. You said it was a reason to come back to this place...a reason to believe that you might have wanted to see me again!", he raised his voice a little, not really shouting. Tossing the pendant at her he turned and walked slowly, "Come on, Alexa, I can tell when I'm not wanted.", he smiled jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 pm

"I blamed her enough. We settled our scores, the big scar on her forearm? That was me. So don't say I didn't blame her either." She replied, balling her fists at her sides. Unclenching them as small weight hit her leg, small fingers tangling themselves in her jeans.
"Momma, who is that man? I've never seen him before and you seem angry, why are you angry?" The voice asked, face buried in her leg. Lifting up the young girl, she put her on her hip, allowing her to hide herself in the crook of her shoulder.
"No reason sweetheart." She replied soothingly, stroking the blonde hair that ran down the girl's back. "He's just an old acquaintance of mine."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 pm

He took Alexa's arm and studied it as he walked on, "Judging by the size of this I guess you really did do some damage....good to hear someone cared about my up-and-going.". He stopped. Hearing a second voice call his friend from the past 'momma'. He turned sharply, eyes opened wide, gazing from Alexa back to Lea with every passing second, he finally stopped after a brief breach catching, "Ummh, Lea, care to introduce me to your little friend over there.".

He studied the young girl, a feeling of happiness and disgust swirled around in his stomach. He brought himself to ask, "Who's the lucky guy?". Digging his hands into his pockets and letting his jacket slide off his shoulders a bit, he leaned back against a small column holding up the small roof of the front porch.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 pm

"This is Melissa." She told him, putting her down gently. Crouching down, she smiled to the girl who instantly stopped looking worried. "Go play in the back okay? I'll be in soon."
"H'okay." She nodded, running back into the house with a cheerful grin. Lea stood back up, scowl returning.
"Lucky guy? I wish I knew, that way I could rip their head off and nail it to the wall." She hissed. "I was taken advantage of when I was very intoxicated. It was my first time drinking so naturally I could barely see when I finished. I'm not sure who did it, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of her regardless. I thought then when I had her I could find out, but she doesn't look like anyone around here so don't go getting jealous. There's nothing going on between me or anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:20 pm

He waved at the girl as she turned and left, despite being in a living hell for the past year the sight of a child still cause him to smile like an idiot. He stood and softly brushed back his dirty-blond hair from his face then tugged his hood over his head once more, tugging on the loose bits of material to tighten it, hiding his bright blue eyes. "That just makes it worse...being taken advantage like that doesn't seem fair. Besides I have no choice but to be a little angry you know.".

Slamming a fist into the column, he turned and walked away, "What we had meant a lot to me Lea. Take care of her, and good luck with finding the father. Once you do, give me a call.". Stopping beside Alexa he sighed, "Has everything really changed this much...well I guess everything really does go to hell and back when I leave for ten minutes.". He chuckled to softly to himself then placed an arm around Alexa, "You've been a bit quiet....where to next ma'am?".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Reaching out, she grabbed the cuff of his shirt. "Roxas, wait." Pulling him into a tight hug, she sighed. "I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't mean for this to happen, it just did...I missed you." She murmured, letting her hands slide back down from around his neck. She took a step back, giving a grateful nod to Alexa, who let her shoulders roll back with a small smile.
"I did warn you that she changed. I just forgot to tell you how much." Alexa said, flashing him an innocent smile.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm

He gasped slightly as he felt her arms around him, the warmth coming from her breath as she spoked and her body as they touched were the first real feelings of affection he had received ever since he left a year ago. His eyes were watery and he nearly choked as he tried to speak, clearing his throat and making sure his hood covered his eyes, he spoke softly, "I don't blame you. Besides...it's my fault really.", he smiled reassuringly. "Now I need you to hang on to that pendant for me...give me a reason to come see you some time soon.".

Turning back to Alexa as she spoke, he sighed "A warning would've been nice. Any idea who's child that is?", he asked with a serious tone in his voice. He wiped a tear away with his wristband as it reached his chin. "Now do I have to repeat myself or shall we get moving. I don't have a lot of time hear you know.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:50 pm

"Come back soon then, so next time I won't have to hurt you." Bending down, she picked the pendant off the ground, letting the chain fall between her fingers before twisting it around them. "Come see me before you leave 'kay?" She turned, walking inside the house and let the door swing shut behind her.
Alexa turned staring at him for a moment. "I think I do know. But you'll never believe me even if I told you so there's little point." Matching his pace with her own. "I think she knows it as well but refuses to believe it. But there's only one person that girl looks like and that's you. But we both know you wouldn't take advantage of her like that, but her appearance to yours is uncanny. She's even got your hair and eyes. It's startling."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm

He chuckled to himself once more before coming to a halt and sighing, "For a second I thought I was the only one who thought that. I guess she had a few similarities to me but...I guess some thing are better off left unsaid, right?", he asked, but didn't really want an answer. He picked up his pace as memories flooded his mind, ones he had long since forgotten and some he tried his best to compress into the back of his mind.

"Let's not get caught up in the past.", he nudged her softly, "Now that I have a purpose I'd say I've got two days in this world. Then it's back to the other side with me.". Clearing his throat and pulling off his hood he asked sarcastically, "Now can we go visit someone else?".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 pm

"Sure sure, but if you don't want to visit the twins we could always go see the old man. I'm surprised he hasn't dropped dead yet, or actually seriously hurt us now that he's adopted that nickname. It's kinda spread and he hates it so don't call it to his face it's still 'Mr Baskerville' to his him unless you want him to hit you in the shins with his cane." Wincing at the memory of wood cracking against bone when she forgot one time. It bruised for weeks and only fuelled the arrogant smirk on his face for longer than necessary.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

"Old man Baskerville is still alive and kicking?", his eyes widened in unison with his smile. "To be honest I don't wanna see that old relic anyway he wasn't the nicest person if you can't quite remember it. Hey.". He said teasingly, "I have an idea, let's go see that brother of yours. Besides it's only fair that I thank him for my little trip down south.", he smiled sarcastically.

He watched as a black figure moved around the house to the left of them, a large, dog-like, shadowy figure was either attempting to climb or simply maul the side of the house. Swinging his left arm a flash of light erupted from his palm before a simple katana placed itself in his grip. He held it out to his side and looked back to Alexa, "Am I allowed to fight them or should I just wait 'till it drags away another one of us?".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: