Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Sanctuary: Simple and Clean

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm

"Do as you wish. But he's not alone. There's three waiting around the corner just in case an attack does happen. So watch yourself." Alexa reminded him. "You still have to go and see Lea, so don't go dying or hurting yourself. She'll kill me." She sighed, resting her head in her palm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm

He looked around curiously then noticed the several pairs or amber coloured eyes lurking in the brush behind the house, he turned and nodded softly, "Please, these things are nothing. And thanks for the heads-up.". He leaped over the small, white picket fence separating the pavement from the lush green grass of the garden, landing with a soft thud he swung the blade held it out offensively.

The dark skinned beast looked at him, it's eyes focused on him only completely unaware of the blade it rushed at him and leaped a couple feet into the air. He swung straight down and sliced the creature in half. Erupting with a dark energy the halves vanished and left behind a small pink-red mass of energy. He lowered his blade and looked at the mass that had just collected, "What is this stuff?".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Listening to the faint whimper and the scurry of feet, she walked over to him, the other beasts fleeing from the scene as their companion was reduced to nothing.
"We call it transmutation fluid. It's what they use to shape shift to their most convenient forms for attacking. But don't touch it, it's poisonous to us. Which is precisely why they also store it in the fangs of the shape they posses to pose even more threat to us. Although it's never the same. No matter what body they choose it becomes a twisted half form. Something that shouldn't even be but is." She explained, lowering her voice to a whisper. "They'll be gone for a little while, c'mon you said you wanted to see Dante so let's go."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:04 pm

"Oh, well where I've been for the past year they don't seem to have stuff left over when one dies. Usually the just corrupt away or vanish with a puff of smoke or something but alright guess I can dodge a few extra teeth.". "Well I guess I can relate to them being something that doesn't really exist any more, a mere shadow of one's old being.".

The blade vanished and he clapped his hands together as if to get rid of dirt or dust on himself. He nodded, "Guess I did insist. If you don't mind.", he pointed in the direction of her house and waited for her to lead.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Rolling her eyes, she walked ahead of him to the cobbled path that lead the way up to the front door, pushing it open she stepped inside, gesturing for him to follow.
"I'm home!" She yelled.
"Alex?"
"Who else?" She retorted scathingly. "Though I did bring someone with me."
"You did? I could use a warning next ti-." His sentence cutting short as he walked into the hallway, catching sight of the dirty blonde hair. "Roxas." He greeted coldly.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:27 am

He followed her down the road and up the small pathway, he paused for a second before reaching the door. Looking over the house and the femme standing by the big brown door, he smiled and sighed, "It really is good to be back.". He jogged up to her and slowly stepped into the house as she invited him in. His hands began to shake and his pulse rose sharply, it felt as though a ball was stuck in his throat and he couldn't breath. He swallowed and looked over the male as he turned into the hallway.

His first reaction was to slam his fist as hard as he could into the male's jaw but he had gotten over the fact that Dante was chosen over him. He stepped forward and stretched out a hand, "It's good to see you too, Dante.", he forced himself to smile and nod at him.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Taking the hand that was offered to him, he shoook it before stepping back.
"Likewise. I'm glad to see you're keeping well." He retorted, shuffling in the awkward silence, the familiar tinge of guilt settling in the pit of his stomach once more. "Is there something I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:36 am

He dug his hands into his pockets as soon as they were free, "Well yea, I guess. Although I wouldn't really say that I've been keeping 'well'...it's more like I've just been keeping myself alive honestly.". Looking around the hallway trying to figure out what to say next, he panicked, "Well I just came down here to invite you to a little party this afternoon.".

"You know, like we used to have, just us five on the beach. That is...if you're not busy with something else tonight.". He turned his gaze towards Alexa and gestured with a shake of his head for them to leave.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:29 am

"Sure. I'll see you at sunset then." Dante nodded, allowing Alexa to pass through the door again despite being agitated at her moments before for being late home.
"Who else was it you wanted to see, we have time but there's only twenty minutes now. So it's your choice."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:45 pm

"Great.".Giving a quick nod and smile, he moved swiftly out through the front door and waited eagerly for the femme. He shook his head, "I don't really have anyone else who I feel I should pay a visit to...except the twins of course.". He began to walk through the front lawn, hands buried in his trouser pockets, "Great...now we gotta go back and tell Lea about tonight.".

The memories began to flow back into his mind, "You remember those days right..? We'd all sit on the beach, usually beside a palm tree or something and just talk...about anything really, the most random things honestly. But once the sunset came...it was silent. And we'd all watch in awe. I miss those days.", he turned quickly as the safety and simpleness of the past began to contrast to the constant danger and pressure his surrounded by now.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:34 pm

"Yes I remember, how could I not? I didn't think anything of it at the time, just another day and now I realise how much those nights meant. It's stupid how much a bit of talking can mean to people, but I guess that's what makes us human." Brushing away the hair that fell into her face, she smiled lightly. "The twins probably already know that you're back, Lea talks to them a lot more now. She's grown attached for some reason even though she used to say how much they wound her up she does love them. They'll go to the beach anyway when they hear you're back. They think they're not predictable but they are so easy to read it's almost painful." She laughed

Walking back to the familiar house, she knocked on the door for Roxas before walking around the side of the house, opening the gate much to the squeal of the delight from the little girl who was playing in the yard. The front door swung open again.
"You're back? So...you're leaving already?" Lea questioned, a worried look on her face. "You only just got here."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 pm

He placed both arms behind his head as he walked steadily behind her, "Well as long as those two show up.", he chuckled some, "I remember how she'd chase them until either falling face first into the sand or grabbing them both and splashing them in the water a bit. But yea...all the simple moments we take for granted are the ones that we'll wish we could relive one day. And I intend on making that day...well tonight.". A smiled tugged at his lips as the happiness already began to overwhelm him.

He stood on the porch waiting for the door to open, the sound of the little girl warmed his heart a bit but the site of the femme did so even more. "Hey...I mean no.", he shook his head and laughed, "I'm not outta your hair that easily you know, you can hang onto that little charm a while longer.". Digging both hands into his pockets and gazing at the floor he spoke softly, "So yea...I was just wandering...if you were free tonight for uhhh...you know, the beach. Like old times.". He looked up sharply, his face alight with joy. "Sorry, for acting up an all...it's since I've asked anyone out to be honest...I'm a little rusty.", a crooked smile slapped itself across his face.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 pm

"...Roxas. Even if I didn't have time I would've made time, hell you shouldn't have asked me, you should've told me. You know I would go." She smiled. "Don't apologise for something beyond your control. Besides, the awkward thing is cute on you." She teased, patting his head, pretending that she didn't have to stand on her tiptoes to do so."I'll have to send Raegan to her grandma's though...she'll enjoy that." Instantly becoming deaf to the 'Not gramgram!' that rang from the back garden. "You can come in you know, you don't have to stand on the porch."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:32 pm

The smile still vibrant on his face, he shifted past her and into the large room beyond the door, "Thanks though...for being so understanding an all.". Looking around the room at how it had changed, he instantly pictured himself nine years ago standing in the exact spot asking her about every little thing that was placed neatly on shelves that had now been replaced with new objects and other trinkets. He sat down on the couch in the centre on the room and removed his opaque jacket and placed it over the arm rest.

He nodded at her slowly, "It's beautiful.", shaking his head quickly he continued, "Her name...Raegan. It's beautiful. How did you come up with it...?", he asked a bit hesitantly. He was still somewhat afraid of any answer to a question he would ask about his potential daughter.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:54 pm

"I'm not sure, it just fitted." She murmured, taking the free seat next to him, curling her legs onto the seat and leaning back into the leather demeanor. "Nothing else suited so it just made sense. Sounds insane I know." She laughed, tucking a strand of vibrant scarlet hair behind her ear. "So tell me, what've you been doing and don't say nothing because I know that's bullshit."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:10 pm

"Well I don't know he at all but from what I've seen...I agree. It suits her.", he smiled softly. He shifted his position as he prepared a summary of everything he had experienced in the past year of his disappearance, "Well the stories this. That morning last year...I stood on the edge of the beach with Alexa and Dante, you know about the decision she had to make so I'll skip ahead. As you can tell she chose her own flesh and blood over me, obviously, but I hold nothing against her. They only had each other...".

"So yea...I stepped through the world's hole and fell straight into The Ridge. There I had to serve as a trainee for the royal guards. My teacher, Mr. L, is a pretty mysterious character always wearing a hood pulled right over his head...can't see anything but two glowing amber spheres beneath it.", he chuckled to himself. "But yea, I just pretty much did that...but during it all there was an outbreak of Shadow's...I met this girl though, she explained to me how one's heart is powerful enough to break a hole through one world to another...that's how I came back here this morning. I guess there's still lots more to explain...any questions so far?".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm

"No questions, I understand well enough. I've gotten a lot smarter since you last saw me. I actually bothered to get some education and whatnot." She grinned, moving to cross her legs instead, tugging at the tight jeans that covered her legs. "I was angry at Alexa for a long time when she told me what happened. But I guess if I was in her place, she would've been very angry at me..."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 am

"Yea, I guess.", he nodded slowly. "The choice was a bit unfair to her, choosing between a half dead brother and a childhood friend...she seemed hesitant at first. But even though I knew it was coming...I still felt a part of my heart sink into my stomach when she said his name...instead of mine.". He shook off the rising emotions.

"You seem a bit uncomfortable...you alright, Lea?", he asked curiously. "Sorry for being a bit nosy...I'm just interested in how your life's been an all...with the kid...when was she born exactly?", he raised an eyebrow. "I mean that kinda information could help figure out who the dad is...you know.", he smiled shakily.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:15 pm

"19th of June last year. She's just over a year now, but everyone says she looks and acts like she's four as opposed to her real age..." She smiled shifting again. "I'm sorry, I know I seem uncomfortable, I'm just not used to...this again." She replied gesturing between the two of them. "Besides I'm not entirely sure I want to know who her father is, just in case it's someone who I can't handle."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 pm

"Wow to be honest she does seem a lot more grown up than how she's supposed to be but I guess we all grow at a different rate...right. Ehh never mind that.". He smiled softly, taking her hand in his he spoke soothingly, "Well there's no need for this to feel so uncomfortable besides...all these things you're feeling right now..aren't they familiar?". He asked reassuringly.

"It's never stopped for me...My feelings for you never really disappeared. It was just me who did.". He let go of her hand and stood up slowly saying, "Don't worry I'm sure you'll be able to handle whoever he is...besides...I'm not that difficult am I?".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:45 pm

"Don't. Just...don't." She whispered. "That's impossible, you had already gone. Besides I don't want to think that you'd ever treat me like that. I know you wouldn't and I don't want to doubt my own judgment. I won't lie. I thought it as well when I first saw her until my logical mind set in. So please don't." Burying her face into her knees, she silently cursed at herself for acting like the child she was no longer allowed to be.

"I'm sorry. I know I'm being difficult, insufferable and many other words which I can't be bothered to think of but I can't ever seem to think straight when you're around. Before you left it was like wandering around in a daze. A good daze, but a daze none the less." She laughed.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 pm

"Look,...Lea. It's not impossible. In fact it's probably the most logical explanation there is.". He slowly sat down next beside her, twiddling his thumbs he began to give his explanation, "The day I left...there's not a thing I would forget about it...every last moment I had on this island...on the beach...in your arms...I'd cherish them forever. The morning before I left...it was still dark out, you showed up on the beach and well one thing led to another...I only just discovered that you had been intoxicated during that...experience. I honestly didn't know...but after that...for the first time...we watched the sunrise. It was beautiful...and I'll never forget it.".

"I'm sorry for what I did...but honestly...if I knew you were drunk...it wouldn't have happened...I wouldn't have wanted to leave you like that.". He turned his head, softly brushing a few strands of hair over his ear. "I'm sorry...no matter how bad you don't wanna hear it...it has to be said. For her own good.".
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:18 pm

"Oh God...I forgot about that." Pulling her head away from her knees, she ruffled her hair lightly. "Don't apologise, I would rather have you than someone else. At least this way when she asks me where her daddy is I can actually give a reason..." She gave him a small smile, struggling to wipe the worried look off her face. "But we don't know anything for certain, not that she doesn't know anything about you. She was just scared to meet the tall stranger at her door." Tilting her head back, she fell against the couch with a thud, half closing her eyes, only allowing the light to peek through. "I wish I didn't forget that for so long. I can only just remember it even now."
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:02 am

"Great.", he sighed heavily. Standing up quickly, he crossed his arms, "Now I feel like such a-hole...I can't stay here...in this world for that much longer and now I have to leave behind not only the love of my life...but my daughter as well.". He shook it off then turned back to face her again. "C'mon, I think we've dawdled on this for more than it need be dawdled on.", he smiled sheepishly.

"I wanna talk to her...or at least hold her once...you don't mind do you?", he asked curiously, not sure if she would still just let someone who disappeared for an entire year just simply waltz up and play with her child.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 am

"That's not my choice, it's whether she will let you. Of course I would say yes, but you've got to convince her, not me." She replied, letting her arm fold over her eyes, blocking out the last of the sunlight, the stress of the day catching up on her. "Don't feel bad for anything. It's my fault not yours, so it's my burden."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary: Simple and Clean   Sanctuary: Simple and Clean - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: